Quantcast

Dear Lift Operator:

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I would like to express my disatisfaction I had yestary due to one very unpleasant liftie. This ass-face was leaning into the gondola as it arrived at the top and inspecting it for stickers or something.

My complaint is that I did not pay x-amount of $$ to have some hard on leaning into me as if I was hiding a bomb. The attitude at the lift is always great, and I enjoy the antics of some employees, but this dude has to go.

The #1 reason why his rational of trying to pin the sticker placement on those in a particular cabin are unfounded. Without actually seeing someone apply a sticker there is no grounds for an accusation. It would be very easy for someone to apply a sticker before riders enter the gondola, somewhat setting them up for mr ass-pants at the top.

Please pass this message of a very unsatisfied rider onto management, I will not take this a-holes shvt the next time I am up. That is a promise.

Sep 23, 2007
Funny, I heard a similar story from someone else on this board. maybe he will chime in too...

something about almost ripping a brake cable off when he tried to grab his ticket...

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
one particular lift guy (probably the same one) was giving me **** for keepin my ticket on my helmet. (i switch bikes on and off throughout the day) i talked to him earlier and he knew i was on the lift so when i came (without ticket) he screamed and told me its not called a lift ticket for no reason. (perhaps something to do with vernon education i guess) so when i put it on my helmet i got all sorts of **** because i shouldnt be switching bikes.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
that was unreal. this guy accused us of putting a sticker in a gandola, was in our car before i even thought about lifting my bike out, grabbing at my lift ticket and damn near ripping out my brake line. we thought he was joking, but he wasnt. after this we tried to explain in a very nice maner that it was not us, and it wasnt, he was still treating us like 5 year old kids. very un proffesional. we got down the mountain and let the right people know of the situation, and it got handled i believed. It was very cool that the other lift attendants( snow make bob and k-pop) had our backs, as well as the staff at diablo, so a big thanks to them. moral of the story, that guy deserves a punch in the face for calling us liars and acting the fool! peace out.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
it was the older guy. right ? hes a dick. i put my lift ticket on my knee pad because i had 2 bikes and he was like "i can write a safety report up because of that!". seriously come on i am there every day! he knows who i am, and he knows i have a season pass! none of the other guys had a prob with it. and then he gave me **** for bringing my bike into the area were people go to ride the lift. and hes started yelling at me. i kept trying to explain why i was doing it and he gave me crap. i said I'm bringing this here because i want to ride the bike and I'm showing you my ticket. and he got all nasty.

but supposedly there is a meeting soon and the other guys say hes out of there!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
one particular lift guy (probably the same one) was giving me **** for keepin my ticket on my helmet. (i switch bikes on and off throughout the day) i talked to him earlier and he knew i was on the lift so when i came (without ticket) he screamed and told me its not called a lift ticket for no reason. (perhaps something to do with vernon education i guess) so when i put it on my helmet i got all sorts of **** because i shouldnt be switching bikes.
hmmmm... i have seen the antics of one particular lift opp that were quite out of line. pretty much makes mountain out of a mole hill over the simplest thing, and hassles paying customers. probably the same guy... and he is no "kid" thats for sure.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I've also encountered a real jerk at the lifts... Not that guy k-pop he's cool, but some older dude with a hat.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
HAH I bet it's the guy who wouldn't let Sam Hill and Brendan Fairclough on during the US Open. It was pretty funny when Sam told Shawn about it and they were let right on after that... Was it the older guy with the beard and hat? He's given sh*t to just about everyone I've ever ridden with...including myself. The need to continue to check lift tickets after he's clearly seen me going up the mountain that same day about 5-6 times already tells me it's clearly just some angry man on a power trip...

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
Yeah, I've witnessed that guy giving Bob Sh^t for supposedly not checking tickets a few weeks ago. That guy needs to go before one of us gets in trouble for roughing him up. Hopefully, this situation gets resolved quickly. We really don't need some douche with a god complex running the lifts.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
IAmPro, if this was the situation with you yesterday, I was the gondola behind you and saw the whole thing. It was pretty retarded, by the end of the day everyone knew about it. The other lift guy at the bottom, heard about it and came up to the top and started yelling at the liftie causing the problems. Don't think he will be around much longer.

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I did not have a sticker in the gondola, nor did he touch my bike. He leaned into the cabin on my second trip past him, when he did I reached(basicaly forearm in his face) for my bike and slammed the **** outta the car with my wheel. He knew what was up, and that I was done with his shvt. At the bottom I told him to look for me next time, I have a new game were gonna play.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
2 of the shop guys were out there Sunday and said the same thing happened with the operator hanging half his body into the gondola at the top of the lift.
They thought he was inspecting the doors at first.
Tre' weird.

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
Soo anyone know what the big deal was anyways? Was someone going sticker crazy or was it a naked chick sticker? ha

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
i Did Not Have A Sticker In The Gondola, Nor Did He Touch My Bike. He Leaned Into The Cabin On My Second Trip Past Him, When He Did I Reached(basicaly Forearm In His Face) For My Bike And Slammed The **** Outta The Car With My Wheel. He Knew What Was Up, And That I Was Done With His Shvt. At The Bottom I Told Him To Look For Me Next Time, I Have A New Game Were Gonna Play.
Lets Bum Rush Him!!!!!!!! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bum+rush

Feb 29, 2008
Doesn't it make more sense to have a lift ticket on your person than on your bike? I could ride from 9 to 1, then bounce and let my buddy ride my bike from 1 to 4 for free.

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
I bet he's the most hated professor too!! He does get out of line, checked my ticket like several times. I feel if u checked it already and u seen my face/bike, it's good bro! That guy has to go!! Let's vote him out!!!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
HAH I bet it's the guy who wouldn't let Sam Hill and Brendan Fairclough on during the US Open. It was pretty funny when Sam told Shawn about it and they were let right on after that... Was it the older guy with the beard and hat? He's given sh*t to just about everyone I've ever ridden with...including myself. The need to continue to check lift tickets after he's clearly seen me going up the mountain that same day about 5-6 times already tells me it's clearly just some angry man on a power trip...
WHAT?!

That's the first I've heard of this - why wouldn't he let Sam and Bren on the lift? Was it their accents? :think: :biggrin:

I think I know why the older guy was being so "irritable" but that's based on bits of a conversation I overheard while passing through the ticket office Sat. before closing... could be wrong.

I think the main problem (personel issues aside) is how to rectify the issue of riders using 2 different bikes while receiving only 1 lift pass... traditionally the ticket goes on your rig, but if you've brought a full-springer for DH and a hardtail for park use, then what?

Last edited:

maddogdh

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Highland Lakes, NJ
Ya he's a prick thats for sure. Checks for my ticket every time and has made me miss the car with my peeps ridin' up. i'm really quite irritated by this grey nut sack.

Richie Vegas

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
About a month ago that guy would'nt let a kid on the lift because his bike had v-brakes on it. The kids father got pissed, and the liftie kept saying "your not riding my mountain with that bike." This went on for a good 10 mins. We all had to stand there jack offs till another liftie steped in. I never found out what happened, but the lift nazi kept talking about it all day long to anyone who would listen.

DEMOmy8

Chimp
May 4, 2008
About a month ago that guy would'nt let a kid on the lift because his bike had v-brakes on it. The kids father got pissed, and the liftie kept saying "your not riding my mountain with that bike." This went on for a good 10 mins. We all had to stand there jack offs till another liftie steped in. I never found out what happened, but the lift nazi kept talking about it all day long to anyone who would listen.
you cant ride diablo safely with v breaks especially a kid

road2nowhere

Monkey
May 13, 2007
the old guy with the camo toyota hat is the nazi. i believe it was me and joey who were on the lift when right at the top we witnessed snow maker bob was telling him off so bad. idk what it was about but i was happy to see that its not jsut us as riders who get **** from him. its obviously everyone and he either needs to pipe down or get the F&&K out

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
the old guy with the camo toyota hat is the nazi. i believe it was me and joey who were on the lift when right at the top we witnessed snow maker bob was telling him off so bad. idk what it was about but i was happy to see that its not jsut us as riders who get **** from him. its obviously everyone and he either needs to pipe down or get the F&&K out
OMG new quote... brakes out or get the f*ck out.. yeah just leave it up to me to make a remark like that...
lets still bum rush lift nazi though.

dhsean

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
This is all fine and good but I doubt he is looking at this board Does Diablo have anything to with the lift operators or does Mountain Creek hire them?

That guy is so pissed off all the time he will probably leave at some point and then get a sweet gig being the guy that jumps on you as your leaving Best Buy to check your bag or be a greeter at Home Depot.

On a more serious note. Can season pass holders get a card or season long sticker or something. All the other lift operators remember the regulars but apparently this guy has no long term memory.