Quantcast

Dear Lift Operator:

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
WHAT?!

That's the first I've heard of this - why wouldn't he let Sam and Bren on the lift? Was it their accents? :think: :biggrin:

I think I know why the older guy was being so "irritable" but that's based on bits of a conversation I overheard while passing through the ticket office Sat. before closing... could be wrong.

I think the main problem (personel issues aside) is how to rectify the issue of riders using 2 different bikes while receiving only 1 lift pass... traditionally the ticket goes on your rig, but if you've brought a full-springer for DH and a hardtail for park use, then what?
haha
he didnt let em on because they didnt have lift tickets
not like it made a difference, they only had freakin race numbers on their bikes...so clearly they're participating in the race which i thought came with free lift tickets. i dont remember. he needs to get a clue...

GreenSGSPRo

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
he gave me **** a few times to for when i come barrel assing down the fireroad and almost hittin the orange cones at the end

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Sounds to me like this guy messed with the wrong people,He's gonna regret his actions. Anybody that dresses up in full body armour expecting an ass beating riding down a mountain covered with boulders and drops as fast as you can every weekend and enjoys it me being one of those people we have a few screws loose and enjoy it, that being said this guy should be working at sesame place he pissed off the wrong people . Its only a matter of time before he gets a fork up his ass . Hopefully diablo will do him a favor and move him over to the waterpark to check tickets there.I know who this guy is I tryed talking to him one day and he just blew me off.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
how about someone print this out and give it to k pop or snow maker bob.... but first delete the part about bob and dress coughs lol

Last edited:

smoke brakes

Monkey
May 18, 2007
one step closer to the lord
i wear my pass on my shins , he said he was tired of looking for my pass every run..
i simply told him i woul put it on my ball sack , so that when his nose was up my arse
he could simply check his chin
then i invited him up in the woods and offered my goggles as so he wont get it in the eye
odviously he passed on the goggles , and got it in the eye .
even gave me a slice for the next ride up ,
hell of a nice guy ! i think hes just miss understood ?

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
lets not go there..mainly becuase hes a flamming piece of sh**! :]

Who? pinkshirt or the diablo guy?

Seriously how do you get banned? That must suck since your location says vernon...although i can't imagine it being hard to have someone buy a ticket for you and just keep your lid on at all times, ha.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
lance is sick!! the a$$ wipe in the camo hat is the non cool one.he is nice if you follow the rules and suck up to him. Give him some road kill as a delicacy???

KPOP

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
soon to be california
Lance is ok until you piss him off, but nah the lift nazi is soo anoying ive done as much as I could I talked to my boss and my boss likes him idk y, i told him when he was doing the sticker check he was invading your guys space, but my boss is like "he is doing his job, that is what we are suppose to do, no one should be putting on stickers" I was telling Bob if he was to blame them than you should just blame everyone, lifties, Diablo crew, water park, mechanics, everyone, but the lift mechanics and my boss like his way of working and admire it, I would love to move to Diablo Crew than having to work with the stupid guy...

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Lance is ok until you piss him off, but nah the lift nazi is soo anoying ive done as much as I could I talked to my boss and my boss likes him idk y, i told him when he was doing the sticker check he was invading your guys space, but my boss is like "he is doing his job, that is what we are suppose to do, no one should be putting on stickers" I was telling Bob if he was to blame them than you should just blame everyone, lifties, Diablo crew, water park, mechanics, everyone, but the lift mechanics and my boss like his way of working and admire it, I would love to move to Diablo Crew than having to work with the stupid guy...
The superintendant of Vernon school system should be tarred & feathered in the streets.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
The superintendant of Vernon school system should be tarred & feathered in the streets.

If you are going to ridicule grammer and spelling you might want to use the spell check. It is Superintendent not "superintendant"... I'm just saying. Might want to throw a "The" before Vernon School System as well.

It was too easy. I had to.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
did you ride monday?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I can tell you that while some of the postings/responses about this guy are over the top, it IS very annoying to have someone impede your path to the buckets and recheck your ticket on all of 15 runs. It is an invasion of space, and detracts from the experience. The excessive zeal is clearly unwelcome and as a manager myself, *I* would quickly deal with it.

And on a relevant side note - short term memory challenged guy? Did you not see the 6'8" strange guy with the XXXL white helmet and XL Green bike the last 14 times onto the lift?

It changes nothing for me, but the idea that this is professional behavior, or good for the resort is 'off base' and contributes to the 'business before customers' feeling that I have heard echoed from many people.

KPOP

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
soon to be california
yes I got to ride a little on Monday, I'm going to try again this Sunday, and usually when I do my ticket checking I try to do it in the morning than like sometime around 2 and that is it, usually when I see u guys all muddy, sweaty, or just bleeding on the arms and what not is enough for me to say ok they were already on the lift and i must have check their pass. I have no control over that guy. Today I heard the "Lift Nazi" complaining to Shawn about the tickets and how you guys put it on your seats, tires helmets stuff like that, Shawn told him to try and tone it down, I honestly have no problem if you guys put your passes behind the number plate on race days, or anywhere else, the best you guys can really do for right now is just complain to Diablo crew like Amy and the gang. eventually they have to do something if they get more and more complaints, because I am pretty sure they don't want their reputation to get low... If he does anything just let me or the Diablo crew know, I'm really sorry he has to be jerks to you guys that had to deal with him so far, he has gotten pissed at me because there has been passes not marked and it took me like 20 min to explain that the markers are to dry, he even get's pissed when I use another color or make an X instead of a stupid circle or line, i dont know Im really sorry guys

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
I can tell you that while some of the postings/responses about this guy are over the top, it IS very annoying to have someone impede your path to the buckets and recheck your ticket on all of 15 runs. It is an invasion of space, and detracts from the experience. The excessive zeal is clearly unwelcome and as a manager myself, *I* would quickly deal with it.

And on a relevant side note - short term memory challenged guy? Did you not see the 6'8" strange guy with the XXXL white helmet and XL Green bike the last 14 times onto the lift?

It changes nothing for me, but the idea that this is professional behavior, or good for the resort is 'off base' and contributes to the 'business before customers' feeling that I have heard echoed from many people.
one of hte most logical statements in this thread yet so far.

CraShRyDer7

Monkey
Feb 1, 2008
franklin lakes
one particular lift guy (probably the same one) was giving me **** for keepin my ticket on my helmet. (i switch bikes on and off throughout the day) i talked to him earlier and he knew i was on the lift so when i came (without ticket) he screamed and told me its not called a lift ticket for no reason. (perhaps something to do with vernon education i guess) so when i put it on my helmet i got all sorts of **** because i shouldnt be switching bikes.
thats gay, next time tell him he is a :crazy: f*ck. lol

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
Someone said that the camo hat wearing lift guy is probably a school teacher and needed a summer job. Lets call him Mr. Hand from now on.

He is doing his job checking lift tickets, but do you still have to check them at 3:45pm?

If he really wants to do his job properly, here's my suggestion:

When there's 20 guys on line to go up, make single riders double up on the lift and make the line go faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
From now on everyone should give their butt a good wipe with their lift ticket before they affix it to their bike.

Feel free to check my ticket all you want buddy, oh & would you like a chocolate covered pretzel while you're at it?

:biggrin:

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I will tell you where he hates to see a ticket: under the seat on the rails.

Everytime I go for a run he rolls his eyes and plays dumb as if I would change my ways to appease him. Ha, I hope his next shvt is square.

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
I will tell you where he hates to see a ticket: under the seat on the rails.

Everytime I go for a run he rolls his eyes and plays dumb as if I would change my ways to appease him. Ha, I hope his next shvt is square.
I usually put my ticket there, with the old style metal ski wicket. I like to hear my suspension working when my ticket rubs on my tire.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
so everyone must have heard that snow maker bob will not be around anymore this summer due to this leg shaving d^ck face we are calling mr hand. there was an episode that went down, and bob took the fall, not this **** bag. as goofy as bob was, he seemed like good people, liked to have fun which is what we are doing there every weekend, having fun, and mr hand takes a little fun out of it for me, cause i want to slap him every time i see him. BRING BACK BOB!!

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
so everyone must have heard that snow maker bob will not be around anymore this summer due to this leg shaving d^ck face we are calling mr hand. there was an episode that went down, and bob took the fall, not this **** bag. as goofy as bob was, he seemed like good people, liked to have fun which is what we are doing there every weekend, having fun, and mr hand takes a little fun out of it for me, cause i want to slap him every time i see him. BRING BACK BOB!!

I agree. I enjoyed Bob's ramblings.