Quantcast

decent bay area spots

enicma

Chimp
Jan 16, 2008
Oat Hill mine road is a sweet DH, super rocky, and theres a few jumps and drops to hit as well. But you gotta earn your turns and climb the damn thing. Bring your xc legs, the trail starts right at the intersection of hwy 29 and silverado trail.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Sorry dude not telling you where the jumps are but riding Tam is plenty of fun. I would show you around but I'm not even coming home this summer. Stop by Tam Bikes downtown and ask them about trails/how to get there.

norcal505

Chimp
Nov 11, 2009
Alameda, CA 510
w/e.
sorta weak day. hit up oakland hills (JMT & the surrounding cinderalla/chaparelle areas).
the moist ground was both good & bad. both trails are pretty boring and redundant now.

kinda OT - but what would you guys rate pleasanton bike park at? worth the drive?

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Honestly ride Tam, it's a ton of fun. I haven't been home since July and haven't put in more then 2 hours of work on the jumps in over 3 years so I don't really have the right to say where they are, sorry.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
If you are gonna be at JM I would suggest avoiding the weekends.

Also I have seen plenty of cars broken into in the skyline parking lot so be aware.

On top of that the hikers always give dirty looks and most of the mtbrs are goobs.

Last time I was there some dude rides by me as I am getting ready to head down Cinderella. He asks where the trail goes and I tell him it goes to the bottom.

Next time I see him is at the fire road at the bottom of Cinderella unconscious with two hikers standing over him while he makes that moaning that KOed people make.

I had the hikers call EMS on my phone while I checked his vitals. After a few minutes he started to come around so I went and met up with EMS to lead them to this guy.

Long story short, didn't get many runs that day and people are stupid.

Sorry for the story time, I'm bored at work.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
That's the only time I can ride there. I've almost hit a few joggers coming down that hill. My take? They have the whole f'n park to jog/hike. Leave this one small area to the bikers! They should in fact post some signs at the top and bottom for hikers & joggers to watch for bikes flying down the hill.

norcal505

Chimp
Nov 11, 2009
Alameda, CA 510
yeah, I was going to go to Marin co. that day, but I woke up late, and wanted to be back before the super bowl.
have a 4-day weekend this weekend so i'm gonna be looking for some nice trails.
I've never had any problems parking in the area, and my car stands out a lot. Parked my car up my sequoia arena (top of cinderella) last weekend, and also by the JM park enterance.

convenience is what it has, but thats just about it.