Quantcast

Decided: My next bike WILL BE a 29'er...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Narrowed the field to an Titus/Asylum RacerX:

Asylum Al 29'er:

Titus Ti 29'er:

Or to one of the 2006 full squishy offerings from Gary Fisher (to be relaesed Aug 20th).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
N8 said:
Dear Clueless,

29'er is shorthand for 'two-niner' or 'twenty-niner' the slang jargon for a 29_inch bike...

Cheers,
N8
so why isn't the sf football team called the san francisco 49'ers then? :nuts:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I am fully addicted to the 29 lifestyle I have sold all my 26' stuff , I am past the point of no return. Someone mentioned there weren't enough tire choices, but there are enough, the problem with you small wheel riders is you have too many choices. right now I have 3 pairs
set a) Kenda Klaws
set b) Jones acx
setc) Exi wolfs
I am happy,

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
MunkeeHucker said:
You don't know what your talking dude,
Yeah I do, roadie.
You only need those big wheels because you lack the skill to lift your front wheel and have to roll over everything. :D
You should get one of these:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
N8 said:
Or to one of the 2006 full squishy offerings from Gary Fisher (to be relaesed Aug 20th).
No GF 29er squishy, they ride like crap.

The 29er's are rad, but the FS ones just seem like overkill and clumsy. Test ride them alot and consider a hardtail(the niner wheel makes them uber smooth.

The Ito

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
MunkeeHucker said:
I am fully addicted to the 29 lifestyle I have sold all my 26' stuff , I am past the point of no return. Someone mentioned there weren't enough tire choices, but there are enough, the problem with you small wheel riders is you have too many choices. right now I have 3 pairs
set a) Kenda Klaws
set b) Jones acx
setc) Exi wolfs
I am happy,
Tire selection is a problem. Everywhere I read, the 29er movement is jumping up and down for new tires. It's the same as UST was a few years ago, in due time, there will plenty of choices. There are no lightweight race tires yet and I don't consider anything from WTB to be worth the rubber they're made out of. The Karma 2.2 and others :devil: are on the horizon so I'll give the whole movement another year or two.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Changleen said:
Yeah I do, roadie.
You only need those big wheels because you lack the skill to lift your front wheel and have to roll over everything. :D
You should get one of these:

Roadie.... WTF?

I could ride over your lame ass.