Quantcast

Decided to Buy a Toy Celica Instead of a MINI...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The price was right and the car is kickin'!

It's Miz N8's zoom-zoom and she already put her Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies and Jack Off Jill cd's in it...

Miz N8 ROCKS! :love:+:heart:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by Echo
I heard that car lacked rear downforce, good thing you got the bigger spoiler :D
Dont knock it man I heard about the earlier versions that were DRA and they just suddenlyflip over.

Seriously though, that spoiler is a little over the top with the huge fins on each side... still, I bet the car is super fatty on the inside and is probably a blast to drive.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My wife had a y2k Celica GTS. We had no troubles with it lifting up off the ground. And she got pulled over twice in one day. Once near Olympia, then about 5 hours later just crossing into California...Yreka? The infraction: "Speed in excess of 100 mph". That was one pissed off state trooper.

I also disabled the annoying back-up alarm.

But visibility out of those cars is terrible.

Oh an the antenna is a POS. it keeps coming unscrewed. It needs loc-tite.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by MMike
she got pulled over twice in one day. Once near Olympia, then about 5 hours later just crossing into California
:think:

She was MOVING to do it in 5 hours...right? ittakes like an hour or 90min to get to Portland from Olympia I thought.....5 hrs to the CA line is hauling arse! Sounds like she was really moving.

SO where was the fire? :D

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I can hardly wait to get my foot into the accelerator.... but I am being a good boy, at least for the the first 1000 mile break in period.

...kinda...

:devil:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
So....how you put bikes on that thing?
Note the big white bike/kayak rack* in the background....

:p

Actually a bike will fit in the rear of the Celi with back seats folded flat.

*97 4Runner

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Nice ride. I had an '81 Celica and it was a great little car. Only offroading in it after a little too much liquor was enough to finally kill it. I bent the right rear axle and exploded the pumpkin by continuing to drive it after all the differential oil had leaked out. It glowed orange hot for a good time after it died. :devil:

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
:think:

She was MOVING to do it in 5 hours...right? ittakes like an hour or 90min to get to Portland from Olympia I thought.....5 hrs to the CA line is hauling arse! Sounds like she was really moving.

SO where was the fire? :D
Yep, she did 7+ hours of driving (speed limit) in 5.

On that downhill run into CA from OR it's easy to do 100+ mph though, I've done it in a Ryder truck.

:eek:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
arent those front wheel drive? shoulda gone with the mini u woulda got a A in class instead of a C in speed with the sports car.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by mack
arent those front wheel drive? shoulda gone with the mini u woulda got a A in class instead of a C in speed with the sports car.
Nah... I would've gotten bored with a MINI after a year or so.. but not so with the Celi...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
No the celica is a way more reliable car than a mini. The only thing that you "could" have done different is wait for the Scion TC.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by Lexx D
No the celica is a way more reliable car than a mini. The only thing that you "could" have done different is wait for the Scion TC.
The Scion tc is waaay to youth oriented (ok getto) for us...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by N8
The Scion tc is waaay to youth oriented (ok getto) for us...
Who cares? $16,500 w/ power win, lock, mirrors, keyless entry dual sunroof, dc player, cruise, AC. I personally don't care who hey "want" to buy it. I wouldn't call it getto, but i guess i know what your saying.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Who cares? $16,500 w/ power win, lock, mirrors, keyless entry dual sunroof, dc player, cruise, AC. I personally don't care who hey "want" to buy it. I wouldn't call it getto, but i guess i know what your saying.
That includes delivery too. That thing has a humungous list of standards. IMHO it looks less "ghetto" then a car with a spoiler, but maybe that's just me.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
If it is anything like the other two Scion models it will not be very impressive... we test drove the XA and it was pretty pathetic EXCEPT it did have an ILL button now....

Now I want an ILL button in Mz N8's Celi....

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
mitsu eclipse for life!!!

In all honesty though... a car isn't that great when you search for it on google and the first thing that comes up is mitsubishisucks.com .... and aside from the torn motor mounts, loose suspension bushings, and general low build quality, i love my baby!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I had a '99 Integra GSR concurrently with my wife having her '00 Celica GTS. Hers had more hp, but the acura handled better. And you could see out of it better than the Toyota. I miss my Acura...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by N8
If it is anything like the other two Scion models it will not be very impressive... we test drove the XA and it was pretty pathetic EXCEPT it did have an ILL button now....

Now I want an ILL button in Mz N8's Celi....

No not the current models. It's coming with a 2.4 liter 4 cyl. 160 horse/163 torque. An optional supercharger too:eek: It will be around 20 thousand with the supercharger.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dude, the integra's a total chick car. not as in chick's dig it, but chick's drive it. a half-step up from a nissan pulsar, mitsu eclipse, or honda del sol.

btw, just read that a convertible mini's gonna be available in '05.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by narlus

btw, just read that a convertible mini's gonna be available in '05.
The 2005 convertable MINI will be available sometime in Aug 04 here in the US.

Can I get a roof rack for the Celi..?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by UiUiUiUi
which company is behind scion?
never heard that brand name
Scion is the the low end of the Toyota empier... with Lexus on top, Toy in the middle and Scion on bottom.

Just about every Toy dealership is a Scion dealership. The cool thing about Scion is that you can totally custom order your vehicle.

This is one area (customer service) that Toyota totally sucks at so hopefully the Scion marketing will influence them.