Quantcast

decisions to make

Sunsets

Chimp
Aug 30, 2009
VA
Hey everyone, been lurking for a while and been finding lots of good info, awesome vids and pics! very inspiring stuff!!!

although ive been finding great info, i still have some questions.....

Im looking to set up a dj mtb completely rigid. It seems a lot of frames geo are built with suspension fork in mind, so do you think a rigid fork would be weird?

also, any recommendations on frame? ive been looking around a lot and researching..... black market, dmr, dobermann, NS etc....

my background is BMX, dj trails are my passion. Ive also enjoyed singletrack MTBing though too and have gotten more into that because of sciatica/back issues. Ive gotten really comfortable with my 26 kona xc. soooo... though i loved my 20in i cant go back, mostly due to my back issues which are non exsistant on my 26.

so looking for a rigid 26 with bmx feel to get back into dj trails again. so i keep coming back to the black market riot.

thoughts on fork and frame choices would be much appreciated!!!

and one more thing..... why does it seem mtb is so much more expensive!?!? ive been thinking about at least going back to 24, maybe better on my back (though probably not as good as 26 is) and cheaper and close to bmx. i could get a really reliable 24 complete for less than $500. but mtb dj complete is like 1000.

anyway, sorry for the long winded first post. thoughts, opinions, etc all welcomed!

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Pretty much all of the modern mtb rigid forks are around 435mm a/c. The NS one is nice. I do have a DMR 10mm rigid for sale. If you want more info PM me.

Sunsets

Chimp
Aug 30, 2009
VA
ahhhh, i cant decide what to do! just for the hell of it i slammed my seat on my xc rigid kona unit today and tried to ride some small pump stuff and it felt awful. I know its not meant for that, but it makes me worried that i will not like riding even dj 26s on trails.

now im thinking of going 24 and just buying a cheap 24 complete to see if i like it.

i really want the bmx feel, but something easier on my back than a 20!!

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
yo dude, i did the same thing you did when i first started mtb and it sucked, now my riot is tha **** and i can change it out with my bmx and not feel weird. maybe a 24 bmx cruiser would be for you, check it

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I'd say get a 24 single speed with short travel fork. 26s seem too long and slow and rigid forks are nice til you overshoot the jump and spike your wrists. I just dismantled my 26 and sold my Gen Lee cruiser. Riding a DMR Rhythm now, my favorite bike ever. There's a thread in here.

You can pick from several nice 24 completes for less than $1000 shipped from Chain Reaction Cycles.