Quantcast

*** Declaration of white male independence day ***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did some gardening and fixed a broken stone wall and now its pissing down. My hope for some freedom BBQing looks lost :-(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just ran a 10K time trial in 39:59. Not bad!! 400' elevation drop the first mile, although that wasn't exactly easy on my quads. Looks like I'm being roped into some mounting biking now.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Up at 5, fed dogs and let them rage until 6 so wife could sleep in.

Hit the trails at 7 for slimy rooty goodness all to myself. Returned to the truck just as the hordes descended on the trailhead.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Felicitations on our liberation from our weak tea loving overlords!

Spent yesterday building 50' of rock wall. Reclaimed 4' of driveway in the process. See

20200704_105312_copy_1612x763.jpg

Now, it's off to my parents for a cookout.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Up at 5, fed dogs and let them rage until 6 so wife could sleep in.

Hit the trails at 7 for slimy rooty goodness all to myself. Returned to the truck just as the hordes descended on the trailhead.
where'd you ride?

after spending the day up on the blue ridge parkway hiking, hanging by creeks, and seeing those synchronous fireflies (which were pretty cool, even if it was the tail end of their season), got a whole lotta nothing on tap today other than grilling some steaks later.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
In contrast to CBJ (who is located farther East) it is pissing down since really early today. I got cheered up a little by these goodies though. :-)

IMG_0677.jpg

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Feeling free, haven’t put on pants yet, but have had a bourbon. Wife’s friend is pissed at us for not attending her kids birthday party today, and being a real cunt about it, so I’m celebrating the freedom of probably never having to attend her shitty get togethers ever again.

So upset I missed Trumps Mount Rushmore speech last night...NOT!
Did the fireworks burn the place down? Rarely do I root for wildfires, but there are exceptions

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
where'd you ride?

after spending the day up on the blue ridge parkway hiking, hanging by creeks, and seeing those synchronous fireflies (which were pretty cool, even if it was the tail end of their season), got a whole lotta nothing on tap today other than grilling some steaks later.
Blackstrap trails in Falmouth.
Maybe an hour from your folks place.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ironically, they sent me a front triangle 4-5 years ago when a rock punched through the top tube. Must have had to search the warehouse and dust it off.

That frame has been through some shit. Definitely got my money's worth considering I think I paid $600 for it new and lasted 10yrs...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy indie day 'murcan cousins!

I'm at the beach with the family. I fucking hate the beach. Shitty ass techno on Bluetooth speakers, sand, packing the car, stopping the car caus the kids are being a pain in the ass. No amount of thongs can make this worthwhile.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Happy indie day 'murcan cousins!

I'm at the beach with the family. I fucking hate the beach. Shitty ass techno on Bluetooth speakers, sand, packing the car, stopping the car caus the kids are being a pain in the ass. No amount of thongs can make this worthwhile.
The trick is LSD. Powerful LSD. The walk across the sand to the water looks like a million miles of baking heat, the water cool and inviting. The gulls pinwheel across the sky in slow motion, their eyes wise beyond their evolution. The sun makes the water into a hundred thousand glimmering diamonds. The seaweed touching your foot stops your fucking heart.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The trick is LSD. Powerful LSD. The walk across the sand to the water looks like a million miles of baking heat, the water cool and inviting. The gulls pinwheel across the sky in slow motion, their eyes wise beyond their evolution. The sun makes the water into a hundred thousand glimmering diamonds. The seaweed touching your foot stops your fucking heart.
Still wouldn't make up for beach-suck. Beaches suck.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Still enjoying those flashbacks I see.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Don't get me wrong... I'm really glad lots of *other* people like beaches. :D
I loved the beach. Early in the morning, while surfing and nobody was there yet. Then leaving once the wind picked up and people decided to show up. Then you go ride when everyone is going for water because it's too hot to ride.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with a friend I have not seen since covid started. Good ride & post ride beers. Stayed a little longer than expected, now wife is pissy. Covid makes it hard to recover with a quick trip to a beach town or our favorite bar.