Quantcast

deemax rim?

capt.crispy

Monkey
Apr 18, 2006
Farmington,New Mexico
I need to replace the front rim on my deemax wheels.Anyone know where I can find one?Anyone have one they want to get rid of?Also does anyone know if the silver deemax rims and the yellow are the same or not?Thanks.:monkeydance:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I need to replace the front rim on my deemax wheels.Anyone know where I can find one?Anyone have one they want to get rid of?Also does anyone know if the silver deemax rims and the yellow are the same or not?Thanks.:monkeydance:
The EX823's come in 32/36h.

You'd probably have to contact Mavic and see where you can get a 28h Deemax rim from. That always made me wonder why they just didn't use 32h rims. I know for the racer boys out there it's 4 more spokes but now they have to make a 28/32/36h rim that's basicly all the same.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
I have the '04 Deemax which were made in silver ano. The construction of the rim is different than the current Deemax. The '04 has some groove along the side of the rim whereas the newer Deemaxes are smooth (like the 823). Both are 28 hole rims... perhaps the newer rims could be a bit beefier.

Your local bike shop should be able to hook you up with replacement Mavic parts.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
yep. you sure are.

theres 2 sets of inserts that fit into the hub's axle. one set looks just like 1cm long extensions of the 20mm diameter and the other set are skinier and just pop in and have a big enough hole for a quick release. they allow your wheel to be used in qr or 20mm forks. hope this makes sense.