Quantcast

Deity Compound plastic pedals

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey so i gotta come clean...I took my bike up to mount snow this weekend and on the way up I noticed that I'm missing a single end cap as well. There's a tiny amount of play in that pedal (maybe 1mm or less) and the other side, with the cap, is still solid. I'm touting how awesome these are but it turns out I R dum.

Anyways, I still like the pedals. I hope somebody finds a solution for the endcap issue, because otherwise they are light, cheap, and hyper grippy.

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
I hope somebody finds a solution for the endcap issue,
From: http://www.deitycomponents.blogspot.com/2011/12/deity-compound-pedals-are-back.html

Just a heads up...the deity Compound pedals are back in stock in all colors!! Also, we have made a modification to the mold to tighten the thread tolerances for the end caps. This now allows for increased torque during assembly and will keep the end caps from coming loose. The design change from us is an improvement that should be seen across this Nylon Fiber pedal platform.

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
I just got the new style in black, they came in off back order. I put them on my SB-66, I got a chance to get out on the today, so far I like how they feel and they are very grippy, I may end up getting some shorter pins. Stoked so far.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I absolutely love deity components stuff, just throwing that out there. I'm thinking about trying these pedals out, and I want either a dirty30 or blacklabel handlebar, any input on which is better?
Black labels are longer/wider. Black labels have some flex in them. I personally like this, but if you're huge or mega powerful you may not.
Not sure if Dirty 30s are stiffer cause they're not as wide. If you only want 760mm bars, then just get the D 30s.
Both are great bars, but they are the lightest available(or close), so you have to pay for that with stiffness and possibly longevity. Both of which I'm happy to sacrifice. I just swap my bars down to lesser travel/hardcore bikes each year(DH>Trail>hardtail>and so on).
If you want all out strong, get Gravitys or something, at a cost of heaps more weight.

deitybikeco

Chimp
Nov 11, 2010
Thanks for the posts...

Just a heads up, alongside adjusting the mold to address the tolerances for the end caps, we also revised the nylon fiber formula on the pedals to increase their impact strength.

In regards to our handlebars...we finally launched all of our new lines of handlebars last month which we have been working on for well over a year. Of course, there are significant cosmetic changes as they all feature our two toned polished and bead blast anodized finish, but they have also all been redesigned from the ground up. With our new butting process, we have increased stiffness and strength up to 20% across the board.

In all honesty, the new handlebars are the best work we have ever done and we have never been more proud of a product. Without a doubt...they are next level gear. If you want, hit up our site for details and pics.