Quantcast

Deity Vendetta Cranks

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
i think there is different sizes and spacing issues so i want to know from somebody who knows, i do DH cranks so i don tknow
I'm pretty sure its just a standard one bolt and sizings should be the same all the way around.

I'm using the deity chainring on the vendetta cranks, and the cranks looks exactly like BMX cranks as far as how the chainring fits. If you check their site you can probly find out quickly though.

(If there are any other sizes for BMX cranks to fit a chainring, I had no idea...)

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
They are the standard pattern for BMX chainwheels. You will generally only run into an issue if you try and drop below 23t and go to nano drive stuff and then the fixing bolt will not line up. 23t and up and youll be fine with about 99.9% of whats out there(most come with spacers to run either 19 or 22mm spindles.)

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
All BMX chainwheels should fit unless you go down to 22t nano drive stuff, because the fixing bolt is located closer to the spindle. 23t and up your fine. Beyond that 99.9% will fit or come with a spacer(22mm) that will allow them to fit.

Drown

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
I am just thinking about gettin one of those vendetta cranksets, but i've heard from 3 good friends, that installing vendetta cranks are a pain in the ass, someone uphere said that his spindle was defective, im not in the states so if this happen to me i can not get a replace easily.

I think why the cranks are hard to install. :bonk:

The tolerances seemed a little too tight and it take alot of frigging around to get it right. It's not like a normal BB where you screw it in and then bolt the cranks up. You have to screw one side of the BB into the frame and then put the spindle into one of the crank arms and push the crank arm and spindle into the BB cup that you have installed in the frame. Then you put spacers on and screw the other side on. You have to put it all together to check the clearance. If it's wrong you have to pull it apart and try again. This is hard when the spindle get's stuck in the BB.

Fabrication tolerances sucks !:banghead:

Someone here said profile...... they released his MTB Standard (Race) 3-PIECE CRANKSET (73mm BB, 6" Axle) , i have never heard anything about those, just wondering which set is lighter, both sets costs around 200$ so the price it is not helping me out on this desicion

Deitys look SICK and feature some nice sh!t like bearingblowout spacers, wide chainline setup etc... in the other hand Profile is Profile, but as i wrote i've never heard any rider-reference about Profile 3PC MTB Crankset.

wich one :confused: