Quantcast

Deleted Threads

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
dhtahoe said:
What is up with all the deleted threads? Hot monkey poll, Mack's DL issues? Stinkyboy being booted? Is this a 100% PC site now? Is this part of the patriot act? :stosh:
This is the old owner and you are being a whiney bitch just like old times. Do we really need to do this again?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
chicodude said:
No wonder that "hottest monkey" Thread got deleted.

Think anyone one that made fun of hitler survived? I think not...
I'm disappointed that you are turning into one of the whiney bitches too. Do you own this site now?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
BeerDemon said:
I'm disappointed that you are turning into one of the whiney bitches too. Do you own this site now?

I just think its funny that a few people poke fun at him and he deletes the whole thread.

But whatever. I'm over it.

I guess not everyone appriciates a hitler joke every now and then. But then again not everyone has a sense of humor

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Ya know I hope your site dies because it is really a bunch of BS. I was not whining just trying to get info. Get off you damn high horse!!! I provide people on this site with a place to stay in Tahoe free of charge because they are good people here. Many you have run off now. Take your god complex and stick it where the sun don't shine.... I'm out... for good!!! **** your site... Dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
dhtahoe said:
Ya know I hope your site dies because it is really a bunch of BS. I was not whining just trying to get info. Get off you damn high horse!!! I provide people on this site with a place to stay in Tahoe free of charge because they are good people here. Many you have run off now. Take your god complex and stick it where the sun don't shine.... I'm out... for good!!! **** your site... Dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blah blah blah we have 5 people who post this every year. In fact, I think this is the second or third time for you.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
dhtahoe said:
People like you leaving will guarantee that the site succeeds. So thanks :thumb:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
chicodude said:
I just think its funny that a few people poke fun at him and he deletes the whole thread.

But whatever. I'm over it.

I guess not everyone appriciates a hitler joke every now and then. But then again not everyone has a sense of humor
I thought it was funny. :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
People like you leaving will guarantee that the site succeeds. So thanks :thumb:
I ain't goin nowhere.

:D

edit: I hope.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
chicodude said:
Thanks. You have secured my belief in the human race.....Kinda.
You should play Halo with us online. That would tune up your sour sense of humor.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BeerDemon said:
You should play Halo with us online. That would tune up your sour sense of humor.
Wait, are you on Live again?

I haven't played in weeks.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
H8R said:
Wait, are you on Live again?

I haven't played in weeks.
Unfortunately, I can't play with this cast. As soon as its off I'm gonna dust off the machine.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
BeerDemon said:

Maybe someone would trade my PS 2 for an Xbox...That'd be cool.

Wait, MY sour sense of humor? You're the one who can't take a good ole' hitler joke ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dhtahoe said:
Holy **** dude, get a friggin' grip. If you don't like it, LEAVE. Take your self righteous whining elsewhere for once. Not many people here will miss you.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just a few of my observartions. Not saying they are right or wrong. They are just my opinions.

It's the few dozen or so people of the 12,000 who make this site what it is. Most who sign on here never post. Whether they read it or not, I don't know.

It is indeed a privately owned site and the owner has the right to run it as he pleases.

I think that some of the mods have made these bad topics "forbidden fruit", increasing thier appeal.

The lounge is the lounge. It's a small portion of the overall RM that I really like, but it also seems to be a necessary part of RM. Without it a lot of this pointless banter would migrate to the biking and regional forums and it allows people to just kinda BS and be friends. Maybe it could go lower on the list down by the PD forum and tech forum to decrease it's visibility thus focusing attention on the biking forums.

I didn't think the pic of Molly Ringwald in her undies was without taste, but like I said, this is a privately owned site. I did try to pick a photo that was not too racy. Sorry about that.

I think that we are making mountains out of mole hills.

I have not been here since the beginning so I don't know if these things ebb and flow... these are just my opinions, observations, thoughts, whatever. Your milage may vary...

I like this site and don't want to leave. It's still the best biking forum around.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
<snip>I like this site and don't want to leave. It's still one of the best biking forums around.
:stupid: I would only correct you to say it is the best.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Even though the people whining about the ONE damn thread I deleted can kiss my entire ass, here's why I deleted it. If you don't like my reason, see the previous sentence.

When I go to the trouble of posting a detailed trip report with pictures, it's not so a bunch of mental 12 year olds can get their jollies by poking fun at my balls. At first glance, I thought it was clever. That's why I left the thread there for 8 pages. But you know what, it stopped being funny and clever when it got personal and mean, and that stupid ass picture started showing up in more threads. Not only is it disrespectful to me, but it's disrespectful to a very close friend of mine who was also in the picture.

When we let those imbiciles (and it's always the same 3 or 4 people) treat people like that who are contributing quality bike related content to the forums, it discourages other members from contributing quality bike related content. And suddenly you end up with what we pretty much have now, which most of the time is a steaming pile of stupid inside jokes that nobody gets, tasteless pictures, hateful personal comments, and flaming.

Stinkyboy was warned. Multiple times. And whenever he realized he was about to get his ass banned, he would shut up and behave for about 24 hours. There are a few more of you just like him, and you know who you are.

In summary, deliberately pissing off the mods is not a good way to have a long Ridemonkey career.

Damn, I guess I'll have to pay for a hotel room if I go to Tahoe.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BTW - despite my outward hate for all things lame and Bush-like, I actually dig it here. I learn stuff too. That's neato.

I try to balance my idiocy with the occasional helpful post. If I offend anyone - oops.

Enjoy RM for what it is.

**que Ben Kenobi: "A wretched hive of scum and villiany...we must be careful..."

:D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
chicodude said:
I always thought Stinkyboi and H8R were the same person.

Ya learn somethin new everyday. :D
Nah, I'm a total dick when it's required.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I am torn: I have PM'ed (is that how you write that) mods exactly three times in my RM career bitching about my fellow monkies. I have been here from the very early days either as ummbikes or my first name urmomgbailkleasviz (or something close to that). At any point people have come and gone. I went through 4 years of college here on RM, the birth of two children, my oldest entering puberty and more than few California teens with more money than brains and a disdain for Latinos.

Ridemonkey has grown and changed, very cool people have come and gone. I experienced my very best bike related events with people who are members here.

For all the BS that comes with posting online there comes people like OLY, Skookum, Serial Midget, Jodysbikes, SR, the famous Derek Pearson, the many others who I spent a day riding with. These people and the stuff we have done is why RM matters to me.

You asshats, dillholes, and N8 are irrelevant to my experience in life and this site, but in a way are just as important as those people who I have spent a day in dirt with.

So my unsolicited advice for RM ver. 2.0 is this--boot only as a last resort, and boot early and often...

Worth exactly two cents.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Ciaran said:
I didn't think the pic of Molly Ringwald in her undies was without taste, but like I said, this is a privately owned site. I did try to pick a photo that was not too racy. Sorry about that.
Yo....you wanna PM me that picture? I :heart: Molly Ringwald!!! :drool:

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Myself, and the mods on this site are a bunch of good guys. We all have a good sense of humour, and can take some playful banter. Hell, most of the stuff I delete I actually think is pretty funny, it just doesn't have it's place here.

The frustration comes when someone takes it a little too far, and they're warned about it, and they completely disregard the polite request to keep things in check.

You just have to remember that this site has a pretty wide audience, men, women, children...and private advertisers who pay the bills.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think people take being moderated way too seriously.

I can count three times that I've had something I've posted deleted. Not one of those times did I have a warning PM telling me to stop, and once I actually had a PM apologizing because the mod, I believe it was Echo, actually thought my post was funny and was fine on its own, but he just didn't want the thread to degenerate into a bunch of wiseass comments. Oh, yes, the nazi himself apologized for deleting a post. Every time, I've posted some good natured comment (often a Monty Python quote... hey, I can't help it, I'm a geek) to demonstrate that I wasn't offended by it.

I think everyone here who complains about the occasional deletion needs to give themselves a little reality check. It's not like you're pouring your heart and soul into these threads, and for every thread that gets deleted, there are a thousand that don't. Funny threads rise and fall daily, here, and if one of them falls a little early, well... deal. Is it really that important?

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
binary visions said:
I think people take being moderated way too seriously.

I can count three times that I've had something I've posted deleted. Not one of those times did I have a warning PM telling me to stop, and once I actually had a PM apologizing because the mod, I believe it was Echo, actually thought my post was funny and was fine on its own, but he just didn't want the thread to degenerate into a bunch of wiseass comments. Oh, yes, the nazi himself apologized for deleting a post. Every time, I've posted some good natured comment (often a Monty Python quote... hey, I can't help it, I'm a geek) to demonstrate that I wasn't offended by it.

I think everyone here who complains about the occasional deletion needs to give themselves a little reality check. It's not like you're pouring your heart and soul into these threads, and for every thread that gets deleted, there are a thousand that don't. Funny threads rise and fall daily, here, and if one of them falls a little early, well... deal. Is it really that important?
Thank you!

You've hit the nail on the head. Some of you guys treat these threads like they're Pulitzer prize winning articles.

Another point for the whiners....sometimes people do delete their own threads you know. In fact probably half the threads that are deleted on here are by the person who started them...we take a lot of heat for those ones too :rolleyes:

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Echo said:
Even though the people whining about the ONE damn thread I deleted can kiss my entire ass, here's why I deleted it. If you don't like my reason, see the previous sentence.

When I go to the trouble of posting a detailed trip report with pictures, it's not so a bunch of mental 12 year olds can get their jollies by poking fun at my balls. At first glance, I thought it was clever. That's why I left the thread there for 8 pages. But you know what, it stopped being funny and clever when it got personal and mean, and that stupid ass picture started showing up in more threads. Not only is it disrespectful to me, but it's disrespectful to a very close friend of mine who was also in the picture.

When we let those imbiciles (and it's always the same 3 or 4 people) treat people like that who are contributing quality bike related content to the forums, it discourages other members from contributing quality bike related content. And suddenly you end up with what we pretty much have now, which most of the time is a steaming pile of stupid inside jokes that nobody gets, tasteless pictures, hateful personal comments, and flaming.

Stinkyboy was warned. Multiple times. And whenever he realized he was about to get his ass banned, he would shut up and behave for about 24 hours. There are a few more of you just like him, and you know who you are.

In summary, deliberately pissing off the mods is not a good way to have a long Ridemonkey career.

Damn, I guess I'll have to pay for a hotel room if I go to Tahoe.
He's been warned more than anyone in RM history. You all can probably expect a few other idiots being banned in the near future so you might as well start the crying about it now.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
BeerDemon said:
He's been warned more than anyone in RM history. You all can probably expect a few other idiots being banned in the near future so you might as well start the crying about it now.

:gulp:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BeerDemon said:
Hopefully the abuse that I've endured due to some shorts that apparently shrunk in the wash keeps me safe........ :think: :D

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Echo said:
Exactly. The Lounge feels more like a war zone than, well, the lounge. I personally would not mind the bootage of spammy assholes and n00b hat3rs.