Quantcast

Demo 8/9 owners - what chainguide?

mccett

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
Having a nightmare at the moment - two old chainguides (Black Spire bb mount and Roox Chain Dog/Cat) will not fit my new 05 Demo 8.

I'm only running a single ring, but could be persuaded to go for one of the dual ring types. Any recommendations that definitely fit without using a hacksaw?
thanks for any info.
mc

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
I've mounted a 2003 Evil SRS backplate to an SX Trail frame... I had to drill three new holes, for it fo fit the ISCG mounts. The hole things is like 45 degrees turned for some reason.

tmoney

Chimp
May 31, 2004
Little Rock, Arkansas
I have an 04' demo 9 and my evil srs bolted right up using the iscg adapter that comes with the guide. All you need to do is install it backwards so the machined out side faces the chainrings. It works perfect and i have a great chainline.

-tmoney

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Hey mccett -
Like tmoney stated, running our ISCG adapter plate facing outboard (cupped side outbound) will allow for a perfect setup. Both bikes run a 73x128 bb spindle. The demo 9 uses a 150 rear end while the demo 8 uses a 135 rear end with a 6mm offset. If you run into any questions during setup please feel free to get in touch directly at support@e13components.com or 207.772.3132
Enjoy the ride!
Regards,
J

mccett

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
Jonas said:
Hey mccett -
Like tmoney stated, running our ISCG adapter plate facing outboard (cupped side outbound) will allow for a perfect setup. Both bikes run a 73x128 bb spindle. The demo 9 uses a 150 rear end while the demo 8 uses a 135 rear end with a 6mm offset. If you run into any questions during setup please feel free to get in touch directly at support@e13components.com or 207.772.3132
Enjoy the ride!
Regards,
J
Thanks a lot, i've been looking at the e13 guide as against an MRP - the e13 goes on without butchering it from what i can see!
Thanks a lot for the tip about the adapter plate, i still might well get in touch though. :confused:
cheers
mc

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
Go with the ISCG Gamut P40. Lightest chainguide on the market with a polycarbonate plate, really strong, and cheap. Thats what I am running on my Demo 8, but with a 118 BB makes the chainline better.

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
I'd recommend the e13 srs guide.

It has proven to be the best guide I have heard of/used/installed for 3+ years now.

Impeccable rider support and a vastly superior design when compared to other guides in terms of durability, performance and range of fit.

mccett

Chimp
Jan 19, 2005
Well, cheers for the advice guys. E13 SRS MTX ordered yeserday afternoon, arrive this morning, fitted and tested. Easily the quietest and easiest to fit chaindevice ive ever used - no butchery involved, fit and forget. cheers guys, here's the bike finished...

Attachments