Quantcast

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
^ im not so sure it would get super scuffed, the 08-10 jedis have that type of design with the double blacks, i never scuffed/scratched mine. This is of course a different bike, but assuming they use the same paint, i dont see any issues

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
^ im not so sure it would get super scuffed, the 08-10 jedis have that type of design with the double blacks, i never scuffed/scratched mine. This is of course a different bike, but assuming they use the same paint, i dont see any issues
the canfields were anodized, these aren´t. but i wouldn´t go so far to say that there is a significant difference in wear, albeit, from hearsay, the paint isn´t the best at specialized.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Black one is anodized. My stumpjumper has the same finish, and it's holding up well so far.

graserg

Chimp
Jun 28, 2010
VT
I don't think the black/gold color is available over here. A friend of mine who works at Spechy got one and mentioned that it was a rare-international color.
I got my black/gold hear in vt last month. I had ordered a red/black but was stoked to get this one.
From what my shop tells me the full black and the gold/black were limited batches of 25 bikes. I am by no means a pro. Glad to be different though.

thephat

Chimp
Feb 18, 2005
Tani from The Path bike shop in Tustin, CA here. We do still have some complete Demo 8 One complete bikes in the black and gold Euro color. I have been riding one for a few months now, and it is the best DH bike I have ever had. We have all sizes. We also have a couple of the all black frames around.

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
I have an 07 demo and I can drag pedals in the dirt if I have my feet flat in corners. I always drop my outside foot. Helps plant my tires. But I not the diablo champion or whatever you are :thumb:

All jokes aside tho, sick bike. I hate the colors but the spec is killer.
If you feel the need to drop a foot in a turn with that much support you will never be the champion of anything. If you are going to hate, hate on something worthwhile.

Bike looks sick, I don't dig the colours but I'm sure it rides sweet.

i'm running..

3 clicks clockwise from Rebound Minimum

starting from minimum (off)

1/2 of total click setting of HSC to max

1/3 of total click setting of LSC to max

125psi of boost valve, with bottom out control all the way out

does this setup sound weird to you? i want small bump sensitivity but controlled compression for big/square edge hits. overall, i want the least progressive spring curve.

jasonvelocity

Monkey
Aug 26, 2008
Palmer Lake, CO
I have one in my basement I am building up. I ordered it through Mojo Wheels in Denver back in September when I heard there might be a black model. They are sorta common around these parts.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
How does it ride compared to the Jedi?
I dont have enough time to really put it through its paces and get it on some rocks, but from the time i have had on it ill say this.

I think it corners better, not by a landslide, but it does turn better. It jumps amazing, its really nutty how much itl "pop" off the littlest thing. Manual and pumps are better as well, but this is mostly due to a short chainstay. I think the BB might be a tad too low, for where i ride, the little bit of Dh riding i did i was clipping pedals, and very afraid to pedal, but, its very stable. It doesnt pedal well when you do, i thought the jedi pedaled way better. I am going to go out on a limb and say that i think when the time comes, the jedi is going to eat this thing up on the true DH trails. I dont see how it couldnt. (i hold the jedi as my current benchmark on DH bikes, mostly because of the rearwards)

I think its a great bike, very good for park on the jumping/turning/manualing aspects, i dont think it will be bad in the rocks, but i think there are better bikes, the jedi is one of them.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
You mean its not a plow bike???:D
guess so :busted: One of the things i love about the jedi is that when you get to a certain speed, it feels like it gets on a "plane" All you have to do is let it builds its speed, and eventually you feel nothing. Its also retardedly fast on the rocks-for those that havent ridden, its something else-try 1! (id assume typical of all very rearward bikes) the demo doesnt do this-but that doesnt make it bad, it just makes it less than ideal for where i ride.

This is of course only my opinion, flame away

Last edited: