Quantcast

Demo Forest status?

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
As i have mentioned before I have been out of cycling for a while and I was wondering what the legal status of the Demo forest was. I know that they were going to throw us off but i wanted to see if anyone here had any additional information. As usual the internet has been useless, so ill leave my question to a bunch of monkeys.
Any help would be appriciated, and if it is still open is anyone down for a ride?
JP

ScottJensen

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
jeff im down for a ride. i need to get a couple more in before i head back to school. im open all week. i was planning to ride tomorrow if that works for you, i have no clue where though. never been to demo though. i see your in the east bay, im in union city if ya wanna hook up and ride lemmie know.

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
Awesome, would anyone like to ride there this weekend? I am stoked that its open. I havent been there in a long time so someone who knows the trails would be cool.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
There are no legal problems with riding your bike at SDF. You might be thinking about the battle over expanded bike access at Nisene Marks. State Parks got sued (and lost) over a proposal to consider more bike legal trails above the steel bridge on the main fire road. So the only legal singletrack at Nisene is below the steel bridge (between Aptos village and the bridge).

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
hmmm.... I forgot that wilder looked pretty beat up and they both face teh same direction and similar foliage. May still head out this weekend tho if anyone is interested.