Hope Hub red 32h
EX721
Maxxis Adavantage

Wheel Back
Hope Hub red 32h
EX721
Specialized Chunder

Weight as shown in the picture without frontbrake: 16,85kg/37,14lbs

What would you say about a DHX Air 5.0? Thinking of buying one but not sure if it would feel satisfactory

Not quite done still waiting for the Ultimate/Code brakes,Carbon e.13 Backplate, some nice DH Tire and the Straitline stem from the flood sale :thumb:

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I like graphics on top tube :)
How does CF backplate look like? Is it handmade?

demo

Chimp
Aug 19, 2009
Like this: not finished, some holes, and then some more sanding. When its done I will post it again.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Carbon will NOT hold up to any sort of taco-impact. Weight savings can be done safely in lots of other areas...so I'd suggest at least keeping a regular aluminum backplate in your toolbox for when the carbon goes.

Best of luck!
-philip @ e*thirteen

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
the graphics look killer and i dig the custom brake set-up.

forget about the DHX Air. if you really want air and if it will fit, try the Roco Air WC.

demo

Chimp
Aug 19, 2009
@Philw86 The Carbon Plate will be used without a Taco, fortunetly the Taco didnt have any contact with the ground this or last season so i might just use the Carbon Plate and keep the original plate in my tool box.

I got the white Ultimate/Code setup from someone here in Germany used, I hope they will be there by Friday want to test them in Leogang :D

The Roco Air doesnt fit without filling down a bit from the Frame :( Might just go with a DHX 5.0 oder a RS Vivid, but the DHX Ai 5.0 ist still very tempting :/

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I gotta tell you, that is the hottest looking demo I have ever seen! The 08 graphics sucked but those are pimp. The hot orange/red paint job is so clean!!

Props

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I ride my Ultimate/Elixir CR combo on my 303R and love it, best of both brakes.

I had a set of Ultimates lying around so I put them together. Nothing special but boy what a difference.

That bike look great!

demo

Chimp
Aug 19, 2009
The Frame + Fork looks pretty new... because they are :D Had a SX Trail the last two seasons and I thought it was time for a bigger bike. Cant wait to ride it this weekend, hate it when my bike looks so clean, but had to use the opportunity to take a shot of it :thumb:

Im really looking forward to try the Ultimate/Code, I was riding a Code front and Juicy back combo for a long time now.

6 speed, mostly because I dont really need the top three gears maybe Ill put them back on.

Yes, i got these decals printed at a local copyshop didnt like the original decals.