Quantcast

Dentist shed

I have been wanting to build an 18' x 18' equipment shed to replace a falling down structure across the road. Talked to some contractors, started to write up a specification, sort of stalled.

Then a buddy built a 3D printer and happened to mention OpenSCAD, which got me to start modeling the garage, so started with foundation:
Foundation.JPG

Which I have asked Dennis to print at 1/4" to the foot...

Now working on what would sit on top of it, which has caused me to come up with a whole pile of questions I'd like to consider before telling the crews to start...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I hope you also have a Cascadia Vehicle Tent permanently attached to the roof to show the world how rugged you are by car camping twice a year.

Edit: Dental implant screws are being advertised at the bottom of this thread https://store.implantdirect.com/824211u.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3OeQt_Xr2AIVQ4xpCh1hKgbBEAEYASAEEgKZLvD_BwE

LOL
Man, their marketing speak is almost as smooth as of the bike industry.

• Internal connection with 1.5mm long hex & internal lead-in bevel

• Body is straight for top 1/3rd with bottom 2/3rds tapered for bone expansion. Surgically compatible with Tapered Screw-Vent® drills (except the 5.7mmD Implant uses 5.4/4.8mmD Step Drill)

• Surface options: SBM (Soluble Blast Media) textured
• Double-lead buttress threads for improved insertion & quadruple lead threads near top for increased thread engagement & reduced stress

• 2mm extender retained by cover screw for use as a healing collar for one stage surgery

• Color-coded carrier usable as a closed-tray transfer & temporary abutment

• Three aggressive self-tapping grooves extending 2/3rds length up the implant

• Surgical flexibility with multiple insertion options: choose between implant level insertion with hex driver or fixture-mount insertion with either 2.5mm hex driver or ratchet

• Compatible with Zimmer Dental Tapered Screw-Vent System

• Connection: Color-coded internal hex with lead-in bevel

• Surgical Instruments: Spectra-System surgical kit

• Implant Lengths: 6 / 8 / 10 / 11.5 / 13 / 16mm. Top 1/3 is straight with tapered section having three cutting grooves

• Implant Threads: Micro-threads with double-lead progressively deeper buttress threads

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

• Body is straight for top 1/3rd with bottom 2/3rds tapered for bone expansion. Surgically compatible with Tapered Screw-Vent® drills (except the 5.7mmD Implant uses 5.4/4.8mmD Step Drill)

• Double-lead buttress threads for improved insertion & quadruple lead threads near top for increased thread engagement & reduced stress

• 2mm extender retained by cover screw for use as a healing collar for one stage surgery

• Surgical flexibility with multiple insertion options: choose between implant level insertion with hex driver or fixture-mount insertion with either 2.5mm hex driver or ratchet

• Implant Lengths: 6 / 8 / 10 / 11.5 / 13 / 16mm. Top 1/3 is straight with tapered section having three cutting grooves

• Implant Threads: Micro-threads with double-lead progressively deeper buttress threads
lizards are onto us :panic:

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...

Reasons 854 through 867 why I avoid visiting the dentists.......

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Ive found you can compress most hookers to less then four inches with good boots.

On a side note, whats the difference between a hooker and an onion?

And my shed life pic was supposed to be in yesterdays gmt thread, but i guess i was in the shed for too long yesterday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ive found you can compress most hookers to less then four inches with good boots.

On a side note, whats the difference between a hooker and an onion?

And my shed life pic was supposed to be in yesterdays gmt thread, but i guess i was in the shed for too long yesterday.
those must be some pretty nice boots.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
You need to invest in a wood chipper.
On the surface it would seem so. But with the cost of cleaning, storing and maintenance, a pair of boots is a good compromise considering the frequency of use.

We need to get back to the dental shed, will it be climate controlled to inhibit carbon degradation?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On the surface it would seem so. But with the cost of cleaning, storing and maintenance, a pair of boots is a good compromise considering the frequency of use.

We need to get back to the dental shed, will it be climate controlled to inhibit carbon degradation?
Of course. JBP could probably also use some degradation inhibition.