Quantcast

Denver vans triple crown bmx comp

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
I went down to the bmx comp at the pepsi center earlier today. It was pretty crazy and all the pros were there. I stuck mostly around the dj comp. I gotta say the best stuff i saw today was the double back flip and the double tailwhip 360. The 1st place prize for it was $75,000!!! Luckly I took my digi cam along. I'll have the pics on here in a few mins.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Damn, it sounds like I missed some great action. I watched the qualifier on Friday before I went to Crested Butte. The best trick that I saw was Jay Miron pulling a 360 tailwhip, still very impressive none-the-less.

Who won all of the events?

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
Here's the pics. The only problem is that many great pics were missed because of the delay on the camera. You'll also notice some tv cameras, it's gonna be on espn and nbc sometime soon. I had to duck a few times to avoid getting hit by the camera boom.

M

M.W.

Who pulled the 360 double-whip?? I remember Jay Miron trying one onto a resi at woodward in American Muscle. I thought, and still think that that's burly as sh*t. That's such a Miron trick, too...

That park setup looks wierd... All the triple crowns I've seen have had wierd park setups, which is really cool.

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
Jumps in courses like that are always so perfect. When I was driving to MExico today i say some of the jumps at the Encinatas YMCA, if our jumps only had perfect lips and ladings like that it woud be cool

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
yea I showed up early for the whole thing while they were still making the jumps and they were riding on them with golf carts to get them as nicely packed as they were.