Quantcast

Devils Gulch

dhxjeff

Chimp
Jan 3, 2006
Just wondering if anyone's ever ridden out at Devils Gulch before. I've never been so i'm trying to get some info on it. I heard that you can run a shuttle to the top and ride the trail down. Is it all down hill or is it like an XC trail. just wondering if its worth getting a few guys together to run a shuttle and make a few runs.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Last I heard was the road was washed out before the trailhead, making it an earn your turns ride. You could shuttle it from the Wenatchee side going up Squilchuck but that adds mucho miles to the shuttle.

And yes, IMO it is more xc than dh. It's fun though, and an easy climb (just long).

Last edited:

Funkster?

Chimp
Jun 21, 2007
You can shuttle Tres Hombres and its a DH run. The bike shop in town "Das Rad Haus" has some home made maps they hand out if inquired about.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
We were there two weekends ago and had to pedal up the singletrack because there was controlled burning somewhere up the road, blocking access to the trail from the top. There were guys shuttling from the wenatchee side that day without problems, but I would try to check before you go. Unless you like climbing the singletrack. It's actually a very scenic climb..
And yeah, the road is still washed out at the bottom, so you have to pedal in about 2 miles to get to the trailhead.
If you want dh though, start at das rad haus. Very cool guys.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
heading out there this weekend actually. Probably going to hit freund canyon, devils, and nason ridge. Would be sweet to have some monkeys to ride with.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
If you do ride there, make sure it hasn't rained recently. That trail is slicker than Astroglide when wet. :shocked:

dhxjeff

Chimp
Jan 3, 2006
whats an average time from top to bottom. i'm some what new to the area so i'm looking for a good flowy gravity assisted trail. is it worth getting a few guys and shuttling. can you get more than one run in a descent amount of time. i'd hate for the shuttle guy to be waiting at the bottom for an hour while we all ride down.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
whats an average time from top to bottom. i'm some what new to the area so i'm looking for a good flowy gravity assisted trail. is it worth getting a few guys and shuttling. can you get more than one run in a descent amount of time. i'd hate for the shuttle guy to be waiting at the bottom for an hour while we all ride down.
If you pedal fast, I think ~45 minutes. 12 miles is a lot of trail to sprint down!

The ride up the road is SOOOOOOo dang easy if open, that shuttling doesn't make much sense.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
so it was raining... the road up freund sucked but the trail was butta. oh well, bellingham tomorrow, back to good old black mud.