Quantcast

DH at wisp

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I did a search and didnt find to much new info.
Posting this for a friend. How is the DH up there? He has a new DHR on the way and wants to try it out.

Thanks
Dennis

NaptownF400

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Elkridge, MD
I was just at Wisp a couple weeks ago. Besides not having their lifts operational yet ("Like, they're SERIOUSLY F@$^ED, bro" according to their leading repairman), the DH was uninspiring. There was, however, a good amount of XC to be had at Swallow Falls if that's your game.

John

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The key to WISP is to go to the local wrench and ask them where the other trails are. A lot of the trails are un-marked, so their not readily apparent. Its’ definitely a fun ride. They have a “G” out that’s an absolute blast.

The back side of the mountain has a lot of fun stuff and is geared more towards XC. It’s still fun though as some of the descents get a bit squirrelly on an XC bike, but on a decent downhill rig can be a blast. Again the same situation exists in regard to the trails not being marked.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Like SK6 said, you can have some fun up there if you poke around a bit. My last run of the day was what the guy at the top of the lift called the "black cross-country downhill" which was a fast, flowy & rocky singletrack run that ended up passing above the paintball range. I liked it better than either DH race course, which would have been more fun had it not been mostly a peanut butter steep(that I severely bruised/busted my ass on). The run I mentioned was older, more bedded and drained quickly making it fun even in the rainy conditions. Hell, after I took my spill and was feeling rough, I had fun just riding the lift up and blazing down the steepest ski slopes at God-knows-how-fast. Had I wrecked in the bumpy, gopher-holed slopes at that speed, I would have rag-dolled into unconsciousness like that "Wild World of Sports/agony of defeat" ski jumper dude. :dead:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
llkoolkeg said:
Like SK6 said, you can have some fun up there if you poke around a bit. My last run of the day was what the guy at the top of the lift called the "black cross-country downhill" which was a fast, flowy & rocky singletrack run that ended up passing above the paintball range. I liked it better than either DH race course, which would have been more fun had it not been mostly a peanut butter steep(that I severely bruised/busted my ass on). The run I mentioned was older, more bedded and drained quickly making it fun even in the rainy conditions. Hell, after I took my spill and was feeling rough, I had fun just riding the lift up and blazing down the steepest ski slopes at God-knows-how-fast. Had I wrecked in the bumpy, gopher-holed slopes at that speed, I would have rag-dolled into unconsciousness like that "Wild World of Sports/agony of defeat" ski jumper dude. :dead:

PPPssssstttttt...........................you did wreck in the bumpy, gopher-holed slopes at that speed, that would have rag-dolled you into unconsciousness like that "Wild World of Sports/agony of defeat" ski jumper dude. :dead:

Ya looked really cool doing it! LOL!!!!

No he didn't fall, but I beleive we should have had speed rated tires..... :p