Quantcast

DH banned at Big Bear

Jun 18, 2004
I'm just glad Whistler is 4.5 hrs away and the Canadians arn't sue-happy... everybody says Whistler is the best...

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Str8OutaBallard said:
I'm just glad Whistler is 4.5 hrs away and the Canadians arn't sue-happy... everybody says Whistler is the best...
only 2.5 from me and north shore trails are soon to be lift assist as well :thumb:

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
Only some stuff up at Cypress is going to be lift access. The ski resort up there is going to try to do a Whistler-type thing. I don't really know much more than that other than there is supposed to be "something for everyone". Hopefully it turns out good. It will take a few years to mature, like Whistler did.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I wonder how long Silver Mountain will last. Doesn't every lift ticket you have ever bought have a disclamer on the back? Why isn't that enough? Do the litigants claim illiteracy or what? (God, I hope I spelled everything right)

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
dwaugh said:
I havent heard anything about this....
Damn David, just because you havent heard of it EVER, doesnt mean stuff isnt going on under your nose...GET INFORMED!!! :thumb:

Check out NSMB, Pinkbike or some of the other Northwest forums relating to BC and the surrounding areas, theres a lot going on man!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
AA_Freeze said:
Damn David, just because you havent heard of it EVER, doesnt mean stuff isnt going on under your nose...GET INFORMED!!! :thumb:

Check out NSMB, Pinkbike or some of the other Northwest forums relating to BC and the surrounding areas, theres a lot going on man!
www.gutsploder.com is a great shore info source.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
When are we going to get a Chief Justice that will (along with the Supreme Court) put a stop to these ridiculous lawsuits? If the Chief Justice was an elected position, you know for sure that candidates would be campaigning to put an end to such frivolous lawsuits in order to get support. I mean heck, even local position do campaign for it.
It needs to stop.
Otherwise, we'll be suing ourselves out of an economy (because we know that lawyers certainly aren't bolstering the economy). I'm surprised that Japan hasn't sued us for Hiroshima. Oh wait, it's another country... one that's NOT sue-happy.

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Bullitrider said:
I wonder how long Silver Mountain will last. Doesn't every lift ticket you have ever bought have a disclamer on the back? Why isn't that enough? Do the litigants claim illiteracy or what? (God, I hope I spelled everything right)
part one silver will last as long as people pay to be there they spent all of the last 2 summers workin like crazy to get it together. about the disclaimor those things are bunk the problem comes from 2 areas. If you are in a coma and sighned a disclaimor your wife or mom or dad can still so for just as much on your behalf. Secondly they are non verbal contracts that they don't tell you about when you buy the ticket and they allways spin it off as unforseen accidents like you fly out of bounds and paralyze yourself now you can sue them for even being able to get our of bounds. on grounds like "Well you see if they are insurung me on there property they should secured ways to keep me safely on there properly or in the ski area. Honestly it is complete hoarse **** our legal system is wack. we police the world but can't protectus us from each other