Quantcast

DH bike Frontflip!

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
I suppose its cool, but I'm wondering something? Anyone else feel like this?

Why does anyone do front flips on bikes? They look so unnatural and lack style. I understand that they are technically difficult, but, ugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I suppose its cool, but I'm wondering something? Anyone else feel like this?

Why does anyone do front flips on bikes? They look so unnatural and lack style. I understand that they are technically difficult, but, ugh.
sure about that?

@ about 0:42

Maybe they just look wonky on mountain bikes. :D

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
sure about that?

@ about 0:42

Maybe they just look wonky on mountain bikes. :D
That has to be the smoothest front flip I've ever seen. Not to mention throwing a tailwhip in. Wow.

I do agree they look kind of wonky, but remember, there is a LOT more weight/inertia to overcome on a mountain bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That has to be the smoothest front flip I've ever seen. Not to mention throwing a tailwhip in. Wow.

I do agree they look kind of wonky, but remember, there is a LOT more weight/inertia to overcome on a mountain bike.
not to mention bmx bikes are overall more compact, hence easier to rotate, whether spinning or flipping. Kinda like how figure skaters can increase their rotational speed by moving their arms/legs closer to their axis of rotation.

Just FYI, dudes are doing double front flips on BMX bikes as well. Granted the video below is a big air jump. Its just a matter of time till they start getting thrown on dirt jumps