Quantcast

DH bike pricing.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
My god, the v10 is only 1400 dollars while the rotec is at 2100. What gives? how can they make a v10 so realativly cheap??? I dont get it, the v10 is so much cheaper than all the other DH frames. Some 1 explain, are santa cruz making crap quality or are other overcharging.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
It comes down to numbers. Do you think there are as many Rotecs as there are V10s? Not even close.

When Sulley can afford to make as many DH9's as Santa Cruz does V10's, then the pricing will drop.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I just saw a little article about Whistler bike park in some outdoor magazine today. In the arcticle the had a picture of a V-10 and said how it was the perfect bike for Whistler than went on to say it was $1499 and $1649 for a frame. I thought for sure this was a typo in the magazine. Now I come home and see this. There was one difference in the magazine, they had the new monocoque frame pictured.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Something seems wrong. Look at the prices of the frame with a fork? If the frame is $1499 then a Marz JrT would be about $1000. Either they posted the wrong frame prices or they have not updated the frame and fork combo prices.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by go-ride.com
Something seems wrong. Look at the prices of the frame with a fork? If the frame is $1499 then a Marz JrT would be about $1000. Either they posted the wrong frame prices or they have not updated the frame and fork combo prices.
although considering the Frame with floating and 5th is 1649 and the Hadley floater hub is 240. that adds up to about 1900 and then the jr.t/v10 is about 2460 or so, so that would make more sense

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by Acadian
say what??

2004.5 V10 frame with 5th Element rear shock pricing currently estimated at around -
$2400 Anodized Finish
$2200 Powdercoat Finish
Ti Spring upgrade - +$24

I just hope those numbers you listed are not EP or shop discounts?? :nope:
actually, at some places (like richardsbikes.com) the V10s are only 1500...however I suspect this is because the new mono-model will be introduecd, and the price will probably shoot back up around 2K.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
UK PRICE RANT:

Price of V10 with QR dropouts and cromo coil.... 1500GBP...

60% more expensive than what you guys pay... damn,....

i ll just stick to Specialized or Banshee, they keep the same price globally...

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally posted by math2014
UK PRICE RANT:

The SC pricing in the UK is a LOT more real world than most other manufacturers.

JK:UK

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
UK
are banshee's and specialized's the same price globally then!? seriously? so if i was to buy a demo9, would i be paying the same as someone in the US, oh i'm from UK btw

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
Originally posted by math2014
UK PRICE RANT:

firstly you must remeber we're talking about a US made bike so to get it to the UK they have to ship it (they might even be airfreighting them in, much more expensive), clear customs etc. There might even be duties involved. So there would be many more parties involved in getting the bike from Santa Cruz to your LBS, all adding to the price

also the UK price includes VAT at 17.5% where as in the states the price excludes sale tax.