Quantcast

DH Bikes @ BAR H BASH ??

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I'm thinking about going as are some peeps from the dallas area.
M1, 2 bullits, UZZI DH, STINKY and PRIMO. Hopefully there is something big to hit or drop.

This is my first time to post in this forum and my first clue that there are more DHers and Freeriders than my small group.

What is the biggest drop to a tranny there in Austin???

laterz,

joel
Intense M1, Monster T and 3.0's

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
im not sure how to answer that question. austin's a big town, but there is plenty of stuff in the 10 foot range. most of it is manmade type urban stuff. but there are a few big rock drops around some of the trails. were my friends and i ride there are some decent 6-8 foot rock drops to nice sloping transitions. we also have some doubles and the beginings of some cool shore style stuff. come check it out sometime. by the way, there are acutally quite a few people in the dh scene here.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Originally posted by downhil
im not sure how to answer that question. austin's a big town, but there is plenty of stuff in the 10 foot range. most of it is manmade type urban stuff. but there are a few big rock drops around some of the trails. were my friends and i ride there are some decent 6-8 foot rock drops to nice sloping transitions. we also have some doubles and the beginings of some cool shore style stuff. come check it out sometime. by the way, there are acutally quite a few people in the dh scene here.
SHORE STUFF? where where where:D

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
at my jumps.....i thought i told you about them. we only have 2 bridges right now, but they're progressing rather quickly. and they're f'in hard as hell to ride. you only have about 6 or 8 feet of room to set up for about a 4 foot wheelie drop on one. (and a tree to dodge after you land) at the rate we build now, its about 1 bridge every two times we go down there. thats why i need people to come help build.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
that sounds cool. Here pretty soon I'm going to take a trip down there. Some friends of mine rode down there a few weeks ago and said there were some nice rigs and skills.

what kind of bikes? I've got an M1, monster T and 3.0/2.5's
I'm not a manual king or anything but I'll pretty much huck anything, as long as it's to a tranny.

Is there any DH friendly LSC's there? I need a new crank/MRP set up. I want a BMX style crank with euro bb so that I can have a solid spyder to help with spacing the MRP as close as possible to the chain.

any recomendations would be great.

Joel

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
joel, yeah you definitely need to come down here. i ride a dominatrax. some of the guys i ride with down here have big hit dh's, theres a tazer, rm6, dhi, tomac....

as for the cranks, id recommend hitting up ben at www.unrealcycles.com ive talked with him a bit and he's pretty cool. id say go for the on-one reetard cranks. they come in a sweet raw color and are indestructible. solid chainwheel...no problem. euro bb....no problem. and about 50 bucks less than profile.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
thanks for the referral. I like that company. My 46 tooth ring front drive train is kinda jackedoff. I want to redo it all for urban and freeriding. I might be able to get the $$ together to go to the sea otter with some of my DH friends in Dallas but I've got to get my drive train under control.

THose On One Reetard cranks look bad ass. That's what I'll get instead of the profiles along with a "fatty" MRP and a solid 36 tooth chainring that will bolt to the crank arm.

This weekend looks like were are going to check out a gravel pit in denton texas where motor cross guys have been riding. A friend of mine flew over it this week in a small plane and saw a series of cliffs with dirt tranny's at the base (caused by errosion)
The motorcross riders obviously don't see the value in this so were going to go see if it's huckable.

joel

LunchBox

Chimp
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Hey Joel...Email me @ lunchboxmtbr@netscape.net

Joel...I talked to Todd in Comfort...are you hittin that racec? Email me...I need more retards to ride with, urban, and such. Have you hit Dinosaur Valley yet? If not, we need to get together and take the beasts out there...they have some fun runs.

---LunchBox---

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
lunchbox, todd was cool i talked to him on the phone Friday. i'll be at the race in comfort. there's a big crew coming from dallas too to race DH. we'll leave after work and get into comfort late friday night.

i need to look at the course and get some practice in.

are you in the dfw area? i hurt my wrist today riding urban downtown dallas so i'm out for tomorrow. there are a few other guys going to DV . I need to get my 36 tooth chainring setup. i'm going to leave my 46tooth on there for the comfort race.

i just want to stay healthy and not get hurt before the race.

laterz!

joel

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Originally posted by joel hester
lunchbox, todd was cool i talked to him on the phone Friday. i'll be at the race in comfort. there's a big crew coming from dallas too to race DH. we'll leave after work and get into comfort late friday night.

i need to look at the course and get some practice in.

are you in the dfw area? i hurt my wrist today riding urban downtown dallas so i'm out for tomorrow. there are a few other guys going to DV . I need to get my 36 tooth chainring setup. i'm going to leave my 46tooth on there for the comfort race.

i just want to stay healthy and not get hurt before the race.

laterz!

joel
Leave your 36 on for the race. Its has some pedaly sections. Trust me, u will never get spun out on the 36.
Or just bring them both. I am running a 36 tooth with a road cassete and I dont even come close to spininng out:D