-Boxxer WC
-XT cranks
-Gamut
-Sram X0
-Ti Spring
-Zoke F hub, XT R hub on Rhyno Lite XL

It should be under 40.

Nov 9, 2005
does anyone have any info on the 2006 demo 9 or demo 8. like frame colors and rear shocks. also is it true that the demo 8 is a quick release set-up in the rear and the demo 9 is through axle?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
SBDownhillRacer said:
does anyone have any info on the 2006 demo 9 or demo 8. like frame colors and rear shocks. also is it true that the demo 8 is a quick release set-up in the rear and the demo 9 is through axle?
Demo 9 is a 12/15mm through axle and Demo 8 is a qr. For 06 the demo9 is suposed to come through with the swinger again and the demo 8 will have the Fox DHX. Why they are keeping the swinger on the 9 is beyond me. The bike feels alot better with the dhx.

Nov 9, 2005
wow so how much do brand new swingers go for because i would sell that the second i bought the frame. what size is that shock because it would be tight to have the dhx air in ther. i know some guy i think it was bicyclist was having questions about the dhx air in a demo 8 and i was wondering if it was the same for the demo 9. does anyone know?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
crazybiker300 said:
one thing i dont like about the demos is that they've developed a reputation in freeride, so therefore when people see you on one they expect it of you to huck it off of a skyscraper.
Dood I totally know what you're talking about. I used to ride an old specialized dh and people expected me to wear red. Such a burden. Selling that frame was the best thing I ever did.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, a DHX air would fit on a Demo 9. The problem w/ the Demo 8 is the size, but they make a DHX Air that will fit on the Demo 9. :cool: