Quantcast

dh frame size

ScottJensen

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
going to be racing next year and have been looking for a frame. im between 6-3 and 6-4 and am on the fence about which size to get. besides the fact its extremely hard to find a used large frame, what do you guys run? maybe throw your height in there to, and the frame you have. thanks alot

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
6'2, after riding mediums forever i've decided a Large Izimu fits the bill perfectly. It's half an inch longer in the top tube than my DHR but its got a much longer front to center so I think it should fit me absolutely perfectly. At your height the standard "large" frame should fit you right.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'm 6'2ish 6'3ish I had a canfield f1 medium thats was OK but needed a little more room so I got a large. I kept the medium, its better for flicking around but overall If I had to choose 1 it would be the large.
Do a search of top tube size and it will bring up some threads.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Depends on the manufacturer as well. Specialized only make 3 sizes where Santa Cruz offers thier bikes in 4 sizes. I ride a medium specialized Demo, and if I was on an SC, it would probably be a large.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
This question is meaningless without knowing which frames you are looking at and what your preferences are. Sizes can vary a lot between different frames.