Quantcast

DH frame that looks like a hardtail.

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
I'm looking for a DH frame that almost looks like a hardtail that I saw a year ago or so. It only looked like that when the suspension when the suspension wasn't compressed of course but it was a really clean looking bike. I think the brand might have been german and they were available with Bos shocks.

For some reason I have completely forgotten the name but I was hoping someone here might have an idea of what I'm talking about.

DMdh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2011
Galicia
I'm looking for a DH frame that almost looks like a hardtail that I saw a year ago or so. It only looked like that when the suspension when the suspension wasn't compressed of course but it was a really clean looking bike. I think the brand might have been german and they were available with Bos shocks.

For some reason I have completely forgotten the name but I was hoping someone here might have an idea of what I'm talking about.
I think you´re talking about the COPE STATEMENT

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The main pivot is fairly low. Seems more like a play/park bike than a full on dh bike. Look up Jaws on Pinkbike. He was sponsored by them for a while but he supposedly switches brands and he is a pinner.

The price is not bad if the shock is really bos. They also add a k9 headset to it so it will be slacker and lower.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Seen the vidoes of Jaws ripping one, he doesn't seem to have any problems with it. $3445, thats even more than my DW DHR. Hard to justify that with a relatively unknown, to me atleast, brand.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If you consider the shock differance and the added headset it's probably closer to 3k but it's bound to be expensive with no us distro.

As for Jaws I'm pretty sure he would do well even on a shopping cart.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
the only thing really going for this bike are it's looks an butiqueness (i dunno is that a word :confused:). otherwise it'a basic 4 bar driven singlepivot.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Looks nice. But I don't think it looks any cleaner than a Sunday.
Agreed. Wouldn't it be cool if someone took off where the sunday left off? Like a Sunday V2 made by a different company (but same look, updated linkage by DW). Such a clean looking and apparently well loved frame that it seems like it could do well...
I know the one ghost is similiar, but not quite what I'm talking about.
Back to the COPE- cool looking bike, but without US distro I guess it won't be on my list of coveted frames:(

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
Yup. I saw the thread and looked t my Zerode. Super clean lines at rest. And it's got a gearbox so people will think yov got a sick as single speed dh hardtail! Til they get closer.

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
Agreed. Wouldn't it be cool if someone took off where the sunday left off? Like a Sunday V2 made by a different company (but same look, updated linkage by DW). Such a clean looking and apparently well loved frame that it seems like it could do well...
I know the one ghost is similiar, but not quite what I'm talking about.
Back to the COPE- cool looking bike, but without US distro I guess it won't be on my list of coveted frames:(
I had thoughts of making some carbon Sunday front triangles. Update the H/A while I was going. Wouldn't be too hard.