• Foes DHS Mono

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Yeti Dh-9

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters

canfieldF1

Chimp
Mar 25, 2004
I dont know what to do. Im looking for a new dh frame and i have narrowed the list down to 2 choices. The 2004 Foes DHS Mono and the 2004 Yeti Dh-9. I dont know what to do. I can get the Foes with a Curnutt and floating disc brake and hub and axel for $2700. Or I can get get the Yeti Dh-9 with a Manitou Swinger 4 way hub and axel for $2450. Its a hard choice. Help me out. Has anyone had bad expierences with either bike? Also what are the warranties on each bike? Thanks

PS- my username has nothing to do with my choice

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
lets see, i doubt youll have a problem with customer service on either. both are beatifully crafted, and super slack and fast....and stiff...and all out bad asses! the foes has alittle more travel....damn dood, hard choice. i would defaintly get the foes, but im biased!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'd also get the Foes. They both ride nicely, but I prefer the geometry of the Foes over the Yeti. The Yeti 4x is one sexy mofo though, get one of those too:D.

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
hehe

i voted and have absolutly no experience on either bike. Nor do I know any of the tech details of said bikes. Hope my vote helps you out :D

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
The Foes is one STUPIDLY Stiff frame and I believe is a little steeper in the HA than the Yeti...which I understand to be STUPIDLY slack. Also I've heard that the Yeti has some issues with the driveline alignment. Either way I don't think you could go wrong with either. I live a mile away from FOes so they will probably be the next ride I have.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Originally posted by canfieldF1
I dont know what to do. Im looking for a new dh frame and i have narrowed the list down to 2 choices. The 2004 Foes DHS Mono and the 2004 Yeti Dh-9. I dont know what to do. I can get the Foes with a Curnutt and floating disc brake and hub and axel for $2700. Or I can get get the Yeti Dh-9 with a Manitou Swinger 4 way hub and axel for $2450. Its a hard choice. Help me out. Has anyone had bad expierences with either bike? Also what are the warranties on each bike? Thanks

PS- my username has nothing to do with my choice
So, how does this tie in to the 2004 ellsworth Dare frame that you are selling in the classifieds? Did you change your mind in mid order?
BTW, I e-mailed you a question in regards to that add.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
foes man i loved mine sold it though cause i dont race dh. i did a lot of dropping and gaps and stuff on it and it ate everything for breakfast

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Allright, since this seems to be really one sided, I just had to chime in. I have little experience with the Foes so I can't do a decent comparrisson but I have had lots of time on the Yeti and I love it. The long, slack geometry translates to a very stable, high speed bike. Jumps straight and smooth and makes off camber corners easy (well, easier). It is neutral under braking and takes big hits incredibly well. With the Swinger, it also pedals remarkably well. Overall, it just makes an excellent race bike for nationals type courses.

Its weakness is really slow, super tight turns. You have to work a bit for these. I had some shifting issues in the past but those went away with the switch to a SRAM XO derailleur.

Lots of people love the Foes but I wouldn't trade.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
your username is canfieldF1 yet thats not a choice :confused:
he asked about the F1 in an earlier post seems like he abandoned this idea...
stupid him ;) , but i might be a little biased

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by Acadian
I hear the waiting time on F1 is long...that might have to do with it?
hm the frames should ship within the next one or two weeks.
as far as i know there are still some left from the first batch.
so if someone orders a frame now he will have it pretty fast.

waiting time has been long for me.
the original shipping date was sometime in march...
now its may and still there is no frame here (production got delayed, I don't know why)
its a little annoying. because race season starts this weekend...
oh well i have a working DH bike, so i wont complain to much ;)

SCARY

Not long enough
I'm on my 2nd Dh mono,02 then 04.Remember the 04 has the adjustment on the bottom of the shock to adjust ride height and head angle.The rear end is VERY wide so get a wider BB to compensate or you'll have a polished aluminum rear triangle (or polished swipes on it).