Quantcast

DH in Bellingham and surrounding area?

maddogdh

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Highland Lakes, NJ
Hi! My name is Maddogdh and I'm addicted to DH. I moving to Maplefalls soon, thankyou Lord for getting me out of New Jersey. I left Bellingham in '95 and have not been back since sorry to say. I'm leaving here on the 27 of this month. It's easy to leave Jersey, but not so easy to leave Mountain Creek AKA Diablo Freeride park that I live twenty minutes from there is really nothing like a chairlift down the rode on the weekend. I have been preparing myself for this seperation so I should surrvive. I know Whistler is like 130 miles from Maplefalls so thats not bad, but is there any local spots that you people shuttle that would be considerd real DH mountain biking. I ride A Turner Dhr with a 06 World Cup if that would be a indication of the type of riding I need to keep my sanity. Well thanks for listening and maybe i'll see some of you when I get out there.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
There is not a lot in the way of shuttling, but there are a few DH trails around Bham. search for "Snakonia" or just Lookout Mountain in general. Also, I believe Galbraith has some new DH specific trails: ridegalbraith.com may provide more answers. There's a lot of stuff along I-90 too, just don't get ticketed.

maddogdh

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Highland Lakes, NJ
Well i'm here in Maple Falls WA, but a little worse for the wear. Broken right wrist that needed serious surgery and broken right callor bone. So moving here and riding is out the window probably atleat untill mid August. When i'm healed i'll be looking for some locals to ride with so i'll see ya's later.

maddogdh

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Highland Lakes, NJ
bockner said:
BMW trail at mtn crrek get ya?
No actually a trail called Alpine did. Supper smooth big burms,tabels, doubles and wall rides. I came from high off the wall ride hit the double and went to carve the burm, I got jacked in the burm. Honestly I have no idea what really happened except when I looked at my bike my 06 World Cup was broken where the arch meets the lowers and it didn't hane a scracth, scuff, dent or chip there. Sram took back my fork the shop sent it to Colorado, ther they said that the fork has never nor is it supposed to break there. Did my arch crack and I didn't notice then when I went to rip the burm after the double my front end washed because my fork twisted? I dont know but seems funny though.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
I got worked on BMW....some guy just flat out was stopped in the middle of the trail....dodged him but not the rocks and got pitched.....still llooking for that guy!

tacopuerto

Chimp
Oct 6, 2005
b-ham
glacier has some good building going on and can be shuttled. coal pass. the right immeidiatly after grahams. super steep technical terrain. more flowy trails are being built as we speak. get with some locals.

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
What do you do for work in a place like Maple Falls?
Just curious. I'd love to live in a place far away from Seattle, but how do you make a living...

maddogdh

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Highland Lakes, NJ
I mjust got here 2 weeks ago and i'm not working with my injuries. I'm a carpenter and am only a 1/2 hour outside B-HAM where there looks to be alot of framing going on. My wife has banking skills and special people skills so it should be alright once i'm healed up and get her out here. i'm from Jersey so I'm diggin' the real mountains and When I saw the full moon over Baker I said this is for sure where I want to be. I feel free, back yard fires, bottle rockets everynight and dogs runnin' wild pretty good stuff. My moms helped my wife and I into a Chalet and it kicks ass on my 900$ 1 bedroom apt back in NJ.