Quantcast

DH Mania First Corner Action!

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
The first corner of the Downhill Mania course had lots of action especially in the earlier rounds. Here are a few shots.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
That first pic has to be one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time. Looks like someone tied all their shoestrings together and they didnt find out untill it was too late......

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by oly
That first pic has to be one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time. Looks like someone tied all their shoestrings together and they didnt find out untill it was too late......
lol...maybe they were all wearing velcro straps and got too close together...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Swine
so this is the new four man dh?

how did it work out, better or worse?
For the racers in the pics, I'd definitely put it in the "worse" category.

The race was cool if the racers managed to stay close together, but I think it should be a special event type thing, not the new format for DH racing altogether.

MD

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
I assume the guy in the Oakley Jersey won in the first pic. This would have been the perfect race for me. Get smoked out of the gate, then wait for the other 3 guys to get tangled up, then I come from behind. :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
someone needs to rig a shimano airlines shifter unit to provide 100% oxygen, then hook it up to a filter-demand system and breathing apparatus....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by SuspectDevice
Notice Melissa Buhl is riding an M1? Poor girl actually rode one of those khs beasties last year...
Its not an M1, it really is a KHS beastie:eek:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by DHanamal
This would have been the perfect race for me. Get smoked out of the gate, then wait for the other 3 guys to get tangled up, then I come from behind. :D
Nope, tried that, doesn't work :(

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Originally posted by DHanamal
Get smoked out of the gate, then wait for the other 3 guys to get tangled up, then I come from behind. :D
it does work an aussie guy Steven Bradbury won olympic gold in short track ice skating

he was running last half a corner behind everyone, when the rest took each other out on the last corner, he just casually skated accross the line first

we call that now "doing a Bradbury":D

that first pic is hillarious, well at least it was exciting at the start

woody415

Chimp
Feb 20, 2004
inda sevenonenine
It looks like the first guy going down in the first is a guy from Colorado Springs, In fact I'm almost sure it is. I won't mention any names so as to protect the innocent:blah: I'll have to get the skinny about how it all got started when he gets back home.

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
The rider in third place tried the inside line. He just tried a little too far inside. He smacked that pole really had and it didn't move!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Sick shots ya got there.

I guess the FOX DH fork was out in full effect at BB this last weekend? 2 riders in one of those pics have them. They look pretty nice, well built pieces. I just wonder how they'll do against the already proven DH forks out (dorados, boxxers, marzocchi line of dual crown DH forks).