Quantcast

DH near Portland

westy661

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
Hello, just moved to Portland area and have been riding at Skibowl for DH, which is pretty fun but limited on variety and lacks jumps and drops. Seems like alot of people talk about Willamette Pass for DH. Is it shuttle access, hike a bike, or chairlift access? I can't find any good info on the internet about it.

Or if anyone knows other good spots I am all ears!

Westy

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
I recommend the Post Canyon trail system in Hood River (60 miles east of Portland). Great mix of downhill,drops,jumps,skinnies, etc. Shuttle-able with a car, but recommend hookin up with a person familiar with area, or get a map at the local bike shops. www.gfra.org

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Willamette Pass is lift served (well, gondolas) but its hardly what I would call 'near Portland'.

If you plan on checking out WP at all tho, go earlier in the year. Once summer hits the dirt turns into dust (or, a sandbox as I call it).

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Although not really DH race trails, there are plenty of downhill stunt and jump trails at the Blackrock trails in Falls City, OR, a few miles west of Salem. I'll be there saturday.

Tim

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
everything is mentioned, but if you dont wanna drive, and you're just out for a couple hour cruise, washington park has some short dh singletrack, and there are a couple of pretty tec trails, but they are kinda hush hush, they arent exactly "legal," lol. the good thing about washington park is there is a shuttle, the max! take it too the washington park stop, get off, take the elevator up (since ur in a tunnel) and ride!