Quantcast

DH Saddles

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I just installed a Tioga spyder BMX on my bike. Light but small. Maybe too small.
Before that I was using a specialized take off

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Ive been using a D Spyder as well and i like it very much. After a season of use I managed to crack one of the web ribs but it doesnt affect how it performs at all and Ive done it on a very hard crash.

TrueScotsman

Monkey
Mar 20, 2002
Scotland
I've been using the Tioga Spyder for a couple of months now. (the BMX version not the XC) I was just plain tired of ripping saddles and bending rails in crashes!
So far I really like it.

+points- no padding/cover to rip, shorter rails (less bending), easier to get off the back, jetwash friendly,.....

-points- not as comfy, bruises inner thighs in cashes more, too easy to get off the back?, strange looks from other riders!, not as much fore/aft adjustment,.......

It does seem to be a bit more sensitive to saddle position, i.e. you have to get the tilt and fore/aft adjustment just right to avoid slipping over the back- just a consequence of it being shorter I think.

Don't get it if you have to pedal a long distance, just if you use it for pure DH.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
I used a sdg cromoly bel-air rl on my former bike and was happy with it. It held up for 3+ years even with terrible tire buzz that ripped portions of the rear plastic off the seat.

For my new build I picked up a new bel-air rl, but it has titanium rails.. I don't know if that should scare me or not on a DH bike :D

While researching this I saw lots of folks liked wtb's silverado too.

Been rocking the Tioga D-Spyder for a year now and love it. Its small but not noticeable when I have to pedal and the slight flex offers a lil comfort. I had the rodie version and destroyed it but the D takes a beating. Really happy with it.

drastic.

Monkey
May 16, 2011
pleasanton, ca
+1 for tioga d spyder as well.

surprisingly comfy for what it is. i've been using my 7" rig as my do-it-all bike lately, and i have zero complaints/issues using that seat for long(er) loops.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
customer gave me the saddle from his Demo 7 - Specialized BG saddle in white

plusher padding than their XC / All-Mtn saddle, big cromoly rails

reasonably light, seems very tough, use it for uplift days and DH vacations

Bigdroptoflat

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Maryland
Wasn't there already a thread on this a while back? I think the quote was