Quantcast

DHGirlie, If you need help... (not a spider)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
looking for a boyfriend these guys might be worth looking into..

An unrecognized minority has finally gotten its due from the wider world — a documentary about the worldwide community of Klingon speakers will debut at the Cannes Film Festival
Entitled "Earthlings: Ugly Bags of Mostly Water," the movie follows the lives and loves of Klingon Language Institute members at their last year's qep 'a' (that's "convention" to you humans) in Philadelphia, reports the BBC.
Among leading Klingon aficionados in the 70-minute film are Dr. d'Armond Speers, a linguist whose son spoke only Klingon till he was three and a half, and Rich Yampbell, proud composer of the Klingon anthem, "TaHaj Wo."
Klingons are one of the most prominent alien races featured in the "Star Trek" TV series and its numerous television and movie spin-offs.
According to the "Earthlings" Web site, Paramount Pictures in 1979 hired a linguist to create a full-featured Klingon language for the first "Star Trek" movie (Klingons in the original 1966-1969 TV series spoke unaccented American English.)
The Bible is being translated into Klingon, there are Klingon-language camps and Klingon speakers also have their own Google home page. http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/
It's not clear what the rich and famous crowd at the glitzy French Riviera film festival will make of the investigation into Klingon culture, but director Alexandre O. Philippe did say the movie was shot in a "science fiction-like" style.

These guys sound like they might be exactly your type.

:D
of course DHgirlie needs no help getting a man. She is way hot enough to get them by the bucketful with no help.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I remember a story about some trailer trash family that got turned into family services. They weren't taking their kid to school and other stuff. BUT.......The kid could speak perfect Klingon and had posters and Star Trek crap all over their trailer.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by DRB
a documentary about the worldwide community of Klingon speakers will debut at the Cannes Film Festival
Entitled "Earthlings: Ugly Bags of Mostly Water," the movie follows the lives and loves of Klingon Language Institute members at their last year's qep 'a' (that's "convention" to you humans) in Philadelphia, reports the BBC.
Do you realize how much money goes into making a documentory!?!?!

WTF - this guy needs a real hobby!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by dh girlie
Thank you...but I am spoken for...yes, boys...it's true...hold back the tears...:rolleyes: :D However if this current situation doesn't work out, I'll be combing the Klingon convention for a new suitor...
Thank goodness I'm not spoken for you:D :p