Quantcast

DHP Fantasy Downhill League

dhpengland

Chimp
Mar 22, 2009
I know this is a classic case of self promotion and no-one likes just linking to your own site to get visitors, however a lot of time and effort has been put into this and I think you'll enjoy it.....So here goes.

The DHP Fantasy Downhill League is now live and accepting registration!

1. Choose your riders
2. Track their rankings throughout the season and earn points
3. Win Prizes!

In the DHP fantasy downhill league you take on the roll of a downhill team manager. You have a budget of £200,000 to spend on 4 new riders for your team which can be selected from a list of currently competing downhill riders.

After you've recruited your team you gain points form their performances in real downhill events. Throughout the season you can then view their points and see how well your doing.

Registration is FREE and quick and is all done online.

Please note that this is NOT one of those "email the name of your riders and team name." The DHP fantasy league has been built online and is all submitted through the website. The picture below gives you a little preview of how it works.

For more information and registration please visit www.dhpengland.com

Thanks

Sam@DHP

dhpengland

Chimp
Mar 22, 2009
Thanks for the feedback and signups. We welcome any feedback you have and any ideas so that we can continue improving it.

The results page is currently being setup and can be seen here (not complete yet)
wicked_cool could you explain what you mean by 'draft' and what this involves?

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
in a normal fantasy league (football, baseball, etc.) you would have like a 4-6 person league (instead of one massive pool). then everyone takes turns selecting a rider for their team, for how ever many rounds you want. more rounds more riders on each team. and it would be kinda cool to be able to draft like 5-7 riders but only race 2-3 on a given weekend, that way you have back-ups if someone gets injured. it also plays into more tactics about whos good on what courses. i'd much rather have minnar racing for me and canberra over someone like fairclough.
so, yea thats sorta what i would be looking for in a sweet fantasy dh league.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
I agree a draft would be tight. Also, no offense to the ladies but most downhill race teams dont really hire 2 guys and 2 girls. I'd like to have the option to hire a different mix of 4 people, like 3 guys 1 girl or just 4 guys so i could get Gwin, Riffle, Strobel, and Strait on the Dream Team!

dhpengland

Chimp
Mar 22, 2009
We now have a pair of 5:10 Freeriders to give away to the winner!

Get signed up and spread the word!