Quantcast

- Dia de los muertos -

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Everything outside has a healthy coating of ice from the freezing fog which has enveloped us for the last two days.

It's supposed to warm up to 60ish and be sunny again later in the week and for the weekend so not too bad.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Up Staunton, down Cub Creek on Saturday?

Obligatory "don't wait for me on the climb" is in effect.
We'd be up for that. Talked about CC with Hirsch yesterday as he's not done it before. I was thinking out and back from CC trailhead to see what the new single-track section they've built to Staunton is like rather than shuttling anything if that's what you were suggesting.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
We'd be up for that. Talked about CC with Hirsch yesterday as he's not done it before. I was thinking out and back from CC trailhead to see what the new single-track section they've built to Staunton is like rather than shuttling anything if that's what you were suggesting.
We'll have two trucks and wanted to do le tour of staunton with the CC finish, and chase a vehicle. Perhaps we'r could be swayed to suffer moar.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening. Shitty weekend here. It was cold and raining. Our cat/dog went missing sometime Thursday night and we found him being moved off the side of the road about 4 miles from home WTF??? He's an indoor/outdoor cat and has never wandered that far. I drove that road at 9:30 on Saturday and he wasn't there but I saw him on Sunday at 2pm :( He was a great pet and I am struggling with missing him right now.

We are thinking he hitched a ride with the UPS man who insists on tying bags of packages to our mailbox instead of putting them on our lit front porch and while he was doing that the cat may have gotten in his truck then gotten out at another stop and was confused. He's super friendly so he likely hit the road to find people to feed him or smelled the burgers cooking at Sydney's work about 200 yards from his resting place.

In other news, Sq-Earl built another cool haunted pole barn with moving walls and the neighborhood kids really enjoyed it for our annual Halloween bonfire on Saturday night.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys! I had a rough week last week but much feeling better in the head now. My first biopsy is not going to be used by my current urologist. My PSA has gone down from the 120s to 90 in 5 weeks with no intervention. Now I am on cipro with a follow up biopsy on the 9th, if the cipro lowers the PSA below 60 the biopsy will be cancelled as the issue is likely an infection. All good news, in my opinion.

In the meantime... no more coffee ever, no alcohol and no bicycling until after the next blood draw. I have cysto tomorrow; if physical obstructions are not found I'll be able to switch from flomax to boner pills...
Hoping your diagnosis continues to improve. Not sure I could totally go without coffee though....you must have more will power than me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Evening. Shitty weekend here. It was cold and raining. Our cat/dog went missing sometime Thursday night and we found him being moved off the side of the road about 4 miles from home WTF??? He's an indoor/outdoor cat and has never wandered that far. I drove that road at 9:30 on Saturday and he wasn't there but I saw him on Sunday at 2pm :( He was a great pet and I am struggling with missing him right now.
I am sorry to hear about your catto, @TreeSaw . :(

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
House stuff today. Taking down all the Halloween stuff, doing some laundry, vac and sweep the floors, a couple dog walks, cutting and drilling replacement wood bits for our wheelbarrows frame and handles. Dinner = coleslaw, salty/smoked paprika roast baby potatoes, lamb/turkey burgers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey made sea bass/Patagonian toothfish. I don't think I've had it before, because I don't like bass. But, apparently it's not bass at all. T'was really good. Sea bass is on the menu boys.

Also just ate a small box of DOTS and tiny bag of Swedish Fish. I'm sugar high as a kite right now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Wifey made sea bass/Patagonian toothfish. I don't think I've had it before, because I don't like bass. But, apparently it's not bass at all. T'was really good. Sea bass is on the menu boys.

Also just ate a small box of DOTS and tiny bag of Swedish Fish. I'm sugar high as a kite right now.
1635818662716.gif

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have you ever had Sheepshead?
Delicious, but yea, toothy.
No. Not a huge fish fan in general, but dietician says I need to eat more.

Apparently sea bass is just a marketing rename to sell more fish though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I bought Candy. Just for the neighbors kids. Nobody came. Their dog got out today while they weren't home. I hung out with him until they got home.

We are thinking he hitched a ride with the UPS man who insists on tying bags of packages to our mailbox instead of putting them on our lit front porch and while he was doing that the cat may have gotten in his truck then gotten out at another stop and was confused. He's super friendly so he likely hit the road to find people to feed him or smelled the burgers cooking at Sydney's work about 200 yards from his resting place.

In other news, Sq-Earl built another cool haunted pole barn with moving walls and the neighborhood kids really enjoyed it for our annual Halloween bonfire on Saturday night.
Sorry, @TreeSaw.