Quantcast

Diablo Freeride Park with George Ryan

tangata

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
who has ridden these trails and is it worth it to take an east coast trip just to ride them if I live on the west coast?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
No doubt about it. I just drove 10 hours to ride there for 2 days. Snowshoe mtn is only 4 hours and i'd rather drive the extra 6 to go to Diablo. If you plan your trip right you could ride Diablo, and Platekill.
yup. i need to get back there. definitely worth it. diabloweeeen

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if you're going to the east coast, spend a week there. diablo, plattekill, mt snow, whiteface, highland,jiminy peak, there's a few others. all killer mt's and totally unique.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I'd agree with Jon. It's definitely worth a trip out east, but don't plan to spend more than a couple days at Diablo - it's an awesome place, but it's pretty small and there are SO MANY other great lift-serviced mountains out here.

I did a 5-day road trip a few weeks back and was able to easily ride 5 awesome mountains in that time - Highland, Attitash, Bromont, Whiteface, and Killington. If you come out east, Bromont's a must.

--JP

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea! i forgot bromont... was never there when I lived on the east coast, but i'd love to make it there when i come out.

i'm working on a week+ trip for early next summer with a bunch of racers from out here and trying to hit as many mountains as possible.

and i'll second john p's comments about diablo. its fun as hell, but after 2 days there you can easily get bored.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I will be up in NJ this weekend and looking to ride Diablo on Sunday. Anyone want to show me around that is riding there the same day? I will have my friends Demo 8 sense my new frame has not come in yet.

Cecil

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Looks like big fun! Another funny thing is that I was currently listening to Robert Plant's Pictures At Eleven, and shut it of only to hear him again on this vid. =)

tangata

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
hey thanks for all the replies guys, you have been great help. Don't know if I will get there this year as fall is winter is coming up on us quickly but plans are def in the works for spring/summer '08!!