Quantcast

Diablo Friday

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Dave will be there, may be his last trip though...

I have a torn Meniscus, really bad and my knee is the size of a soccer ball... i'm trying to hold back surgery until season ends but my knee is killing me... if i can get the swelling down a bit i can live... but damn.....

funny cause one day it will be perfectly fine, the next day it's swollen and painful! Since it may be my last day of the season.... I'll be riding, enjoying myself, taking it all in...

Maybe i should run into a tree as fast as i can to make it feel better!

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
good luck dave! Sucks about the knee, i remember you told me about that. surgery is a bitch, but hey, it cant be as bad as me :thumb:. enjoy yourself, and hope to see you up there soon!

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Sorry to hear about your knee, man. But hey, you still made it out there a hell of a lot more than I did. I probably won't have 20 Diablo visits by the end of the season (mostly because of work). A nice 6 month off season should put your knee back in working order for next season though. Healing vibes.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Thanks guys... I'm schedule for Surgery in Late October, so i should get a few Diablo visits before i go on Sergery...

From what i hear it isn't as bad as it sounds... i tore my meniscus, not my ACL....

they make 3 tiny inscisions and do the work from there and i should be back to normal in 6 weeks...

Sample Pics

Right after Surgery!

Not looking forward to it, but might as well get it outta the way now..... i think i have several more weekends... i think i have maybe 6 to 7 more visits before my surgery....

Stay tuned for more Tufino pics... See you guys Friday!

Hey Jamie.... (Diablo Tech Guy) My Fork needs Surgery... hook a brotha up on Friday!

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
Hey Dave if it helps I've got the same on both knees. I would suggest asking if they are just going to cut the tear or if they are going to fix it. Both have very different recovery times. Most important is that they do not replace it. While that has they quickest recovery time it has the shortest life.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Thanks or the words of encouragement! I have several more riding weeks, just need to take it easy... :banghead: :banghead:

demo9pro

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
NNJ
Hey man,
I had that same surgery many years ago (about 20) when I was 16 from too much TKD tournament fighting. The recovery and physical therapy was a bitch for about 6-10 weeks, but my knee has been ("knock on wood") flawless since then. Even squatting 425 lbs for reps a few years later (I'm way too old and out of shape for that Bulls**t now, lol). I can honestly say that knee (that used to hurt like hell everyday and give out on me) has only been sore about five days since way back when. Good luck with your recovery!

ps-I'm the dude on the all white Norco Team DH

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Thanks or the words of encouragement! I have several more riding weeks, just need to take it easy... :banghead: :banghead:
actually what they will do is use fiber optic wire with a camera at the end so they will operate on you looking at a tv and they will only have to make a small incision on you knee so you should really heal up after like a month or two.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Sorry guys... one of my servers died in the office... had to run in @ 8pm last night and leaving work in about 20 minutes.. been here all night... got the server up and now i'm riding tomorrow for sure!

Last edited: