Quantcast

Diablo Lovers Rejoice!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Don't know how many knew this before, but I just got notice in my email:

Vernon, New Jersey – Diablo Freeride Park announced today that it will expand its operating calendar to include midweek operations for the majority of the 2006 mountain bike season. Diablo Freeride Park is scheduled to open May 13th with weekend and holiday operations. Starting July 1st 2006, Diablo Freeride Park will offer lift-serviced mountain bike operations 7 days per week until the Labor Day weekend ending September 4th.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Lol - didn't realize there was already a thread on this.

Here is the official release from Shawn @ Diablo:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

March 2, 2006

Vernon, New Jersey – Diablo Freeride Park announced today that it will expand its operating calendar to include midweek operations for the majority of the 2006 mountain bike season. Diablo Freeride Park is scheduled to open May 13th with weekend and holiday operations. Starting July 1st 2006, Diablo Freeride Park will offer lift-serviced mountain bike operations 7 days per week until the Labor Day weekend ending September 4th.

“Over the last 3 seasons, the east coast riding community has been very supportive of our program” said Shawn Orecchio, Diablo Freeride Park General Manager. “As a result, we decided to increase our operating days by nearly 100% giving riders an opportunity to skip-out on work and session our trail network”.

2006 Operating Calendar:

May 13, 2006 thru June 30, 2006 - Weekends and Holidays only

July 1, 2006 thru September 4, 2006 – 7 days per week

September 5, 2006 thru October 29, 2006 - Weekends and Holidays only

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Jeremy R said:
Man, you guys are some lucky bastids.
Alpine is gonna have nipple high braking bumps.:agree:
Yeah....damn....maybe they'll get some more revenue and have some more dough for maintaining the trails. This is pretty cool, though. There are very few places that offer this

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
yeah i peed my pants when i found out.....NO joke not even kidding i peed my pants

anyone is welcome to stop by and say hey at the little tent that will be at the base of the mountain from July 1st-September 4th

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Does anyone know if "weekends" includes Fridays? I will be up for the Open and getting a day of riding in on Friday would be nice. I know there was some talk of opening up on Friday. Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed this info somewhere.

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
Weekends is only Saturday and Sunday. Although Diablo is usually open on the Friday during the US Open weekend - for both racers and freeriders.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
JRogers:
Yeah....damn....maybe they'll get some more revenue and have some more dough for maintaining the trails. This is pretty cool, though. There are very few places that offer this
Here's your answer - forgot to include it with the other stuff:

This season, the Diablo Trail Crew will be adding a full spectrum of trails and features for gravity fueled riders. Expect to see a myriad of newschool features including creative jumplines and freeride elements and we’ll be devoting even more resources to maintain and develop natural terrain for the downhill purists.
EDIT: George - have you gotten your Judge yet from Cannondale?

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
JRogers said:
Having the resources for trail maintenance is not really the limiting factor. The problem is that its hard to do trail work on existing trails during the hot and dry summer months because dirt doesn't pack very well when its the consistency of dust. Watering can solve this problem on a small scale, but its not feasible to water the entire mountain.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dom you could just drink a lot of beer and pee all the way down - just an idea.

Got my season pass and I guess this just makes it an even sweeter deal.