Quantcast

Diablo Rider Injured list, how long are you out for?

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
I have this abnormal bone growth thing in my leg, it moves and stuff when my muscle flexes and rubs and grinds when doing so. Its been like this for a few years now, only an annoyance. i had a pretty bad crash last sunday on the open course, right after the big step up where it drops down twice into kind of a chute and i went straight into the big ass boulder thats there, bent my front wheel, and twisted my stem! well i must have wacked my the bone thing(like the other 10,000 times) and now im out for good, at least a month till i see the orthopedist, i cant ride ****. even when i see the dr., i have no clue how long it will be till im back, hope it wont be too long. im so upset i cant even begin to describe, i havent cried in years and just got done ballin my eyes out. my first 3 races i had this season was two 1st places and a 2nd, i was planning on adding more wins, guess that changed real quick.Ill be out for at least dom 2 race, and a few bmx races, i dont know what to do. i know there is more of you out there who feel my pain. feel free to share. thanks for listening to my sob story.:(

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
You can always go trail riding. and when you return to DH, you'll be stonger because you will want more from it, trust me. Good luck.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
yea, it has also limited my sprinting for a few years so when they remove it or whatever they do, i should be even faster than before. its me driving insane. i dont really have any friends, i dont go out, all i do is bike, take that away and im in a major state of depression. im trying to do things i couldnt do before cause i was biking all the time, catching up on some fishing, getting the bikes back up to par, it sucks having to do it all by myself though. im going to call the ortho office back and try to get in earlier, in want at least 2 more months of riding this season. i need to be healthy for boarding season too.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
You can always go trail riding. and when you return to DH, you'll be stonger because you will want more from it, trust me. Good luck.
I cant ride anything! any flexing of the muscle and it goes all out of wack. its like i have two knee caps, idk, its hard to explain. but yes when i do come back im going to purposly push harder than ever, i have a strong heart when it comes to riding, i can not, will not be stopped. its in my blood, i love this ****e too much!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i feel ya man, ive been riding flatland/racin bmx for years and now im racin DH. riding has brought me to places id never travel to if i wasn't riding this 2 wheeled machine called a bike. the last 5 times i've been on a plane was with my bike. so i can imagine what your goin thru right now, just hang in there bro.

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
that sucks, last season the weekend after the open i nose cased the second upper dominion jump and got flung from my bike onto that big flat rock after the 2nd jump, i had a separated shoulder, fractured skull, and mild concussion, i was out for about 2 months but it gave me a good story to tell and some much needed rest.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
I feel your pain my man. last year, the weekend after i got out of school for hte summer, i suffered 2 concussions in one weekend. one was dirt jumpiing, the second was flipping off the drop at the top of exodus. It resulted in me staying in the hospital overnight, 2 blood clots in my head, and the neurosurgeon telling me that I wasn't allowed to ride for 6 months. It was the worst 6 months of my life. I almost lost all my interest in biking altogether, but when i was allowed to ride again (on Christmas day actually, pretty funny huh?) i got a transition double for x-mas n pushed myself to start riding again. n now im having tons of fun :). Heal up soon man!

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
I feel your pain my man. last year, the weekend after i got out of school for hte summer, i suffered 2 concussions in one weekend. one was dirt jumpiing, the second was flipping off the drop at the top of exodus. It resulted in me staying in the hospital overnight, 2 blood clots in my head, and the neurosurgeon telling me that I wasn't allowed to ride for 6 months. It was the worst 6 months of my life. I almost lost all my interest in biking altogether, but when i was allowed to ride again (on Christmas day actually, pretty funny huh?) i got a transition double for x-mas n pushed myself to start riding again. n now im having tons of fun :). Heal up soon man!
it must have been amazing to see a transition double under the christmas tree huh?

Sep 23, 2007
waaaah waaah waaah is all i hear

i am the proud owner of a herbert screw in my left wrist...

i had surgery on my wrist (broken scaphoid bone) 3 weeks ago, cast comes off tommorrow....i will most likely be at diablo saturday. Apparently my wrist was broken for the past 3 months, and i didnt know :poster_oops:

if your in that much pain go to the dr now. if not, get over it and stop whining, injuries are a part of riding.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i can see the dr. when he can see me, in the meantime, i cant ride. ive been riding and racing for over 10 years now, i think i know about injuries. ive had a kickass riding and racing season so far and all that got turned around very fast and im bummed, sorry thats how i feel. thanks for the support dick!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
im trying, i work in a dr. office and the head dr. referred me to this one guy cause hes so good but his schedule is pretty popular as well so im debating on switching my already made appointment and finding someone else. its starting to feel better though, i might be able to ride in like a week, but the problem wont be solved though. idk, ill see how things go.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
i can see the dr. when he can see me, in the meantime, i cant ride. ive been riding and racing for over 10 years now, i think i know about injuries. ive had a kickass riding and racing season so far and all that got turned around very fast and im bummed, sorry thats how i feel. thanks for the support dick!
you've been riding and racing for over ten years now and you are bragging and acting like an a$$hole for winning intro class? and you're calling me a douche? wow you are the coolest, can i please hang out with you and ride with the fastest sandbagging intro rider, please please!!

Sep 23, 2007
i might be able to ride in like a week, but the problem wont be solved though. idk, ill see how things go.
DONT be an idiot like me and ignore your injuries. if i went to the doctor three months ago like i should have i would be riding right now.

if i were you i would go see a different doctor. all your ortho is going to do is take and xray, then a catscan or MRI depending on the level of detail they need. then most likely he'll either say "lay off your knee and let it heal" or "you need surgery"

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
how ya healin buddy?
Actually healing pretty well now. Started physical therapy for the shoulder today and the wrist should be out of a brace in 2 more weeks. I love the Diablo forum man - plus since I can't ride I ain't got sht else to do.

To the OP - I know exactly how you feel man. I've been in the dumps since I hurt myself about 6 weeks ago but you just gotta see the light at the end of the tunnel. DON'T sit around being all depressed and eating junk food - it will only make you worse. Get out and do whatever exercises you can stand and get the blood flowing. You won't get better by being stationary. Hang in there man - you'll be back winning intro races in no time! :D

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
god forbid i win my first dh race ever and im a sand bagger? i thought i got last place. i am to switching to amutuer.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
and i will only be racing dom 2 if im at least 85%. i know better than to further injure myself, im going to say fck the appointment i have now and find someone else. i need to come back.

Sep 23, 2007
god damn that sucks.... what is there like 2 orthos in your town?

good luck...

by the way Az and drkenan, i miss windrock, lets go back

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
the last one was 8/8/08... dont think so! thanks, and ive realized im out for the season, if that changes, great, but im out! and im gonna be back trying to win am class next year! trying.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
You guys definitely need to come back to Windrock in the Fall. It's way too hot right now from what I hear. I hope to pay a visit to Diablo after I heal up as well.

bmxracer - if I were you, I'd drive to a better town to see an ortho. I can't believe they're making you wait that long.

ROBSNUTZ

Chimp
May 4, 2008
Both feet came off my pedals on the Phantom Drop June 14th. Landed with my chest on seat and my left heel slammed the ground. Turns out luckily no broken heel just a contusion, be back in 2-3 more long weeks. Better than the original speculation of 8 to 10 plus weeks. If anyone saw it I'm sure it looked ridiculous :cheers:

Mtblucaso

Chimp
Nov 25, 2007
thats what u get chris for not wearing any shoulder pads or a good helmet lol o and sry dude that sux but alot of ppl fall there so your not the only one

CraShRyDer7

Monkey
Feb 1, 2008
franklin lakes
dude that really sucks. i think i talked to you before on pinkbike. well good luck with having that heal up. i think my dad had something like that and had a surgery to get that bone fixed up and normal.

well 6 weeks ago i nose cased the last lower dominion jump, and landed on my wrist were the tree to the right of the last jump is about. im out 3 months. but it half way through the recovery time. cause of it i had surgery to have a pin and a screw instaled. and stayed at the hospitol over night.

Sep 23, 2007
what is up with all the hardware in peoples wrists lately?

the worst thing about breaking your wrist is getting the range of motion back. your ligaments, tendons, and nerves all shorten up alot when you break any of the bones in your wrist.

make sure you go to physical therapy. i've been in it for 3 weeks now and i've gained back 25 degrees and 30 degrees. I'm still off the bike for another 2 weeks probably.

demo9pro

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
NNJ
Yo dude, missed you last wknd. How's the wrist doing? Me, Keith, Joe, and the old man are headed up 7/16 for the day. Yeah, I bet you've been doing plenty of wrist exercises!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
Yo dude, missed you last wknd. How's the wrist doing? Me, Keith, Joe, and the old man are headed up 7/16 for the day. Yeah, I bet you've been doing plenty of wrist exercises!
HA, wrist exercises, is that what you call it these days?!:banana: