Quantcast

Diablo Rider Injured list, how long are you out for?

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
i just got the kind of pedal bite. i put a 4 inch long slice in my left leg. it hurt like a mofo. i was doing a fuf on a 3 foot ramp to a rock and as i was in the abubaca my foot slipped. i was probably what suicide feels like

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I'm STILL out of commission! Hope to be back up and running in time for Crankworx.

-ska todd

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
What happened to the guy who got a helicopter ride after what I asumed was a nasty crash on Chute de Sachum? They were talking about skull injuries, eyes bulging etc, and a $20,000 helicopter ride :shocked::plthumbsdown:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
out for a few weeks. i have an idea lets make a new line on alpine, then close i with boulders in like a week.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
well...looks like ill be out for the rest of the season again
shattered my left wrist, getting surgery on tuesday
looks like ill be up to do filming and pic taking till im cleared to ride :thumb:

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
ill be up this weekend, i can ride. i have a benign tumor on my femur, one of the ligaments pops back and forth over top of it, i just have to make make sure its in place before i bend my leg or im completly done! im just trying to ride as much as possible before my surgery, prolly in about a month.

Polish Rambo

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
yes, the pirate line on alpine is closed. after the recent rain storms, the pirate line became a "pipeline" for the water running down the mountain, and it directed all the water onto the trail just before the 2nd wall ride.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
well i am not dissing you guys, but i think that there should have been at least orange tape around the corner so if you go towards it at least you can turn before the rocks

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
WTF?! What happened PJ?
took a nasty spill in Whistler. lacerated my spleen, got another concussion, and finally had my surgery on Tuesday for my shattered wrist. after getting surgery for almost double the time then they expected (5 hours instead of 3) they lemme go after the following morning. it was a good thing i ended up staying, because it hurt so bad they had me loaded up on various pain killers heh.
heres a pic from the x ray after the surgery

ruler

Chimp
Nov 29, 2004
Philly
Shattered my ankle and foot on the 19th, out for the next year or so. I’m not even going to be able to put weight on my foot for the next 2 months... totally sucks

I got surgery on Tuesday. I have 2 plates and nine screws in my ankle. I am not sure of the specifics on my foot. I know I have pins, screws and wire in it. I'll have to get copies of my x rays when I go in for my follow up in 2 weeks. All I can say now is thank god for pain killers.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
took a nasty spill in Whistler. lacerated my spleen, got another concussion, and finally had my surgery on Tuesday for my shattered wrist. after getting surgery for almost double the time then they expected (5 hours instead of 3) they lemme go after the following morning. it was a good thing i ended up staying, because it hurt so bad they had me loaded up on various pain killers heh.
heres a pic from the x ray after the surgery

wow! that really sucks! hope you heal up quick pj!

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
Shattered my ankle and foot on the 19th, out for the next year or so. I’m not even going to be able to put weight on my foot for the next 2 months... totally sucks

I got surgery on Tuesday. I have 2 plates and nine screws in my ankle. I am not sure of the specifics on my foot. I know I have pins, screws and wire in it. I'll have to get copies of my x rays when I go in for my follow up in 2 weeks. All I can say now is thank god for pain killers.
sounds like my problem heheh. where'd you get your surgery done? as in which hospital etc.
and i couldnt agree with you more about pain killers :thumb:

ruler

Chimp
Nov 29, 2004
Philly
sounds like my problem heheh. where'd you get your surgery done? as in which hospital etc.
and i couldnt agree with you more about pain killers :thumb:
Got is done in Philadelphia at Jefferson Hospital. It's a whole group of sports medicine Dr's who are collectively called the Rothman Institute. Each Dr specializes in a specific body part. All the local sports teams use them as well as some out of town teams. I have had a few buddies use them for bike injuries and they all loved the results. I feel like I am in very good hands with these guys.

How about you? Sounds like you injured yourself in Whistler? Did you have surgery out there or wait until you got home? Did they give you a good recovery prognosis? I didn't get a prognosis yet. All I have received is worst case scenario... it's killing me. I just want someone tell me that I'll be able to ride my bike again.

BrokenBob

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Philly
I thought I had it bad. I broke my hip on June 1st. Just started riding again this past week. Hope to be back at Diablo in September. Good luck with your recovery.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
Got is done in Philadelphia at Jefferson Hospital. It's a whole group of sports medicine Dr's who are collectively called the Rothman Institute. Each Dr specializes in a specific body part. All the local sports teams use them as well as some out of town teams. I have had a few buddies use them for bike injuries and they all loved the results. I feel like I am in very good hands with these guys.

How about you? Sounds like you injured yourself in Whistler? Did you have surgery out there or wait until you got home? Did they give you a good recovery prognosis? I didn't get a prognosis yet. All I have received is worst case scenario... it's killing me. I just want someone tell me that I'll be able to ride my bike again.
sounds similar to me. i got it done in NYC at the hospital for special surgery. basically the same story, this doctor works with local sports teams and is highly recommended. i broke it in whistler, but due to not being able to follow up with the surgeon i waited till i got home. if by prognosis you mean recovery time, i havent gotten any details yet. i should find out a wek from monday when they take out the stitches. hopefully im not out for too long

JerZ_r1der

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Vernon, NJ
Idk PJ, a shattered wrist with pins in it?

You're lookin at a month, at LEAST. :[

Glad to hear you're okay, minus all the other injuries.
You're a mess, dude. :]

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
so much for my leg, i just snapped my collar bone last night at the bmx track, im out for awhile now. so much another weekend at diablo. theres no way im missing that jeep series though.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
hey guys! i just got 12 stitches in my leg because i took a chunk out of it but funny story ill be riding in 10 days. ! which means more like 4 for me.ahaha and all i have been doing with my time is building dirt jumps

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
i think i might race indycross because my dh bike is not going to be done!!! i am going to race downhill on my hardtail too and try not to get last place maybe ill race intro i think i could podium. haha jp's time was 30 seconds slower than mine so i could probably beat him.