Quantcast

Diablo Team Classic Update / Course Information

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

Diablo Freeride Park Primed For Team Classic Race

This upcoming weekend Diablo Freeride Park will play host to the inaugural Diablo Team Classic event pitting the east coast’s top teams head-to-head in a progressive 4-rider downhill race format. Amateur and pro teams from up-and-down the east coast are making the trek to Diablo Freeride Park to stake claim to the first ever Team Classic title.

The ParkLogic Trail Designers have conjured-up a unique race course mixing Diablo Freeride Park’s famed Tempest trail with trail favorites including Victory and the lower section of the U.S. Open course. Tempest, making it’s first-ever appearance as a racecourse, is a machine-built, dirt masterpiece featuring jumps, banked-turns and unprecedented flow.

In addition to bragging rights, over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to amateur and pro teams alike with a $1,000 cash payout offered to the top pro team! Amateur winners will receive high-end product packages from Diablo Freeride Park’s illustrious sponsors including SRAM, RockShox, Avid, ethirteen, SkullCandy, NYCFreeride, Dakine, and Fox, among many others.

Whether you are sessioning one of the many custom built trails or racing for the Team Classic title, Diablo Freeride Park is your source for a weekend of epic gravity riding.

Feb 29, 2008
Damn, I guess I'm going to have to keep my slow ass off of Tempest on Saturday so I don't mess up the guys that are practicing.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yeah cant wait i hope they keep the go around for the big drop because i would like to pedal through that instead of not pedaling for the drop

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
joey youre talking about the 2nd rock drop, that goes into the berm right? cuz im with you on rippin through the rock garden go around instead ;)

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
i'm pretty sure theres not a single corner on that trail you have to drift especially either before those 2 drops...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow - Tempest as a racecourse!

That's gonna be sick - the speeds people will be carrying through there will be insane.

To get to Victory you go to the left, off the tiny jump, down that hill, across the fire road and into the woods where the small 2 ladder bridges are that cross the stream - right? Actually, did I just describe Waterboy? Crap - someone straighten me out here.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
sweeeeeeet... sounds like a fun course, and something that i can handle without aggravating these injuries any further

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Wow - Tempest as a racecourse!

That's gonna be sick - the speeds people will be carrying through there will be insane.

To get to Victory you go to the left, off the tiny jump, down that hill, across the fire road and into the woods where the small 2 ladder bridges are that cross the stream - right? Actually, did I just describe Waterboy? Crap - someone straighten me out here.

No, you got it right.

I noticed that that most of Waterboy is closed now, above where you cut in from Tempest & below Victory also.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
well now i am going to practice with whoryder (steve) or dave because he is from what i hear able to manual all the way to the step down into the fire road and super man in the rock garden in water boy.

The team classic was totally awesome! It's a shame that more people/teams did not enter and get the full experience of true team racing.

This may sound silly, but practicing and sharing ideas and lines of the course with 3 other individuals really built up our team morale and energy.

I don't know what else to say about the team classic except for the fact that I was very happy to be a part of this innagural event, and I really hope to see it catch on to more racers in the future...

After all, aren't you tired of the same old racing format; week after week, resort after reort, year after year!?! It's time to take a fresh new look at downhill racing!

alright, that was my motivational speech... Im done

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
totally awesome race to be in, especially for a first time race :thumb:. Good race, nice course, lots of fun. Thanks again Diablo! Can't wait for next year :D

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
my team (me, Zack, Joey, Travis) came in 2nd. the am winners i forget their names, but they rep'd the Highland park. the pro winners was Nekos team (don't know any of the riders names, sorry) followed by Diablo Gravity and the Transcend team in 3rd

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yes they did!!!!!!! they won 2nd place even though are times were much better. than those piece of crap team. haha jk. no seriously