Quantcast

Diablo tomorrow

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I might go, its either that or plattekill...

How do you get there from Uconn? Im in ltichfield and i cant find the best route.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
mtbpaint1 said:
good question im only 14 lol. If you go do you by any chance have any 20mm thru axles you wanna sell me? I bought a fork from this kid but he "forgot" it
Ah, im 16. No, sorry, just the one on my shivver. I will probably go to plattekill tomorrow instead.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just get there when it opens at 9am and ride all you can and you will be tired before or if there will be rain. Anyway they are only talking about a little shower and Diablo is no problem if its wet.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I don't think the rain is really supposed to start until the lifts are going to close anyways. Regardless, it's not too bad in the rain. Most of the mountain isn't too steep or loose so rain is only a factor on wooden stunts and the few trails with big flat rocks or the ones that are rocks top to bottom (Slayer, I think, is one). Mud never seems that ba either. A few spots flood a bit but nothing too bad.

I'll be there tommorrow. Red and blue Tomac with a Shiver.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
mtbpaint1 said:
good question im only 14 lol. If you go do you by any chance have any 20mm thru axles you wanna sell me? I bought a fork from this kid but he "forgot" it
Axles, for the most part, are specific to the fork. Marzocchi Super T, Junior T, and 888 forks all take the same axle, and the Sherman line all share the same axle, but from there out most forks will require their own unique one.

Jan 18, 2005
dirty jersey
unfortunately, i won't be there till sunday, damn work :(

as far as weather is concerned, i've riddden there in the rain before and had a blast. it doesn't make things unridable, but the bridges can get a little sketch.

i've got the plum big hit and usually some kind of ridiculous shirt on, if anybody cares ;)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
mtbpaint1 said:
axle problem taken care of. See ya all tomorrow Im riding the black Canfield 888 with no stickers and really loud rear M4 (needs to be bled soon) SEE YAZ
DAMN! Thats a nice ride for 14 :eek:

Hmm, what was i riding at 14... :think:

edit: i cant go tomorrow, my sister needs a ride home from college at cornell... who is going sunday?

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
i'll be the clown with the 2 14 year olds riding the bikes that cost more than i paid for both of my cars, on my 02 stinky.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
WHen I was 14, I rode a level betty with a rs judy xl (later I got a djII. Im 15 and I have cracked Level Betty and looking for a 7" bullit.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Handlebarsfsr said:
i'll be the clown with the 2 14 year olds riding the bikes that cost more than i paid for both of my cars, on my 02 stinky.
Lucky you :thumb:

lol...

Im out...

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
when I was 14 I had a girls 20" that I had cut apart and rewelded with home made handle bars, in the days of early bmx, man I'm old! :o:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Handlebarsfsr said:

How old are you?

Just charge them for the ride. :devil: