Quantcast

Diablo Trail Map

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
As promised, I finally wrapped up the first version of my trail map! After several trips and some memory recollection I have tried to be as accurate as possible, specifically in regards to trail beginning and end points as well as intersection locations. Some notable differences from the old standard Diablo Map:

- Drawn on top of 70+ stitched Google Earth images as opposed to the ski map illustration for better landmarks and an easier to follow trail network.

- New color coding to better differentiate between Beginner, Advanced and Expert trails, as well as the famous Jump Line and features

- Mapped notations for Diablo's well-revered technical features including Anthem, Stigmata, the new Das Wall and more.

- Expanded trail system, up to date as of last week!

- Vector-based output to allow close-up zooming.

Due to the Google Earth background, the PDF is a rather large 7.1MB.

Please to not reproduce for intent to sell, modify or distribute without the written consent of Diablo Freeride Park. Thanks!

http://diablofreeridepark.com/trailguide.html

*EDIT: This map has been modified slightly and is now offered as the official Diablo Trail Guide! As 2008 is still promising to offer plenty of new trails and features, I can't say whether full size printed copies will be available at the mountain, so you might want to print a copy or two on your own before heading up.

Ciao!

Mike

P.S. Let me thank Bobby (bobushka king), Bryan (fastbandit) and Ryan (timekiller) for helping to scout out the trails and test ride the map in its primitive forms to get it to where it is now.

Last edited:

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Shawn will be working with me to tighten up a couple items and officiate the map as "the" Diablo Trail Map for 2008 and beyond (under my watch, it will be kept updated very regularly).

Stay tuned - myself or DFP will re-post the final map once the last kinks are ironed out.

DEMOmy8

Chimp
May 4, 2008
Shawn will be working with me to tighten up a couple items and officiate the map as "the" Diablo Trail Map for 2008 and beyond (under my watch, it will be kept updated very regularly).

Stay tuned - myself or DFP will re-post the final map once the last kinks are ironed out.
check your pms:banana:

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
No clue. I have to make a few more changes, at which point I'm not sure whether Diablo wants to host the map via their server or wants me to re-open the link on my own. Even though I have to make changes for legal purposes and to Shawn's liking, I am not sacrificing the clarity or accuracy in order to get the thing out the door. That's just how I roll...

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Thanks guys. No doubt, we had to do a lot of road testing and tweaking, especially back in that mess of trails where Careless Whisper, Monarch and Legion weave in an out. Cripes!

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
any new theories about indycross being that its located where the us open slalom course was (is?)?
Not on the DS course (which is the open area to the left/bunny slope). It's in the wooded area where the US Open berms currently reside. I have no clue what is going on...

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Are those skinny log ride things gone? Didn't see them on the map. They were at the bottom of RTN, to the right and down the road short bit.