Quantcast

Diablo weekend #2

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:D You simply cannot ride Diablo once and have enough :D

We rode at Diablo for the 4th of July weekend and were eager to bring some more :monkey:s for a 2nd trip this weekend. On Saturday, myself, Squirrel, Instigator, Sorge and Joe met up and rocked the DH :D Then, on Sunday we were joined by Echo, Ghettorigged and her friend Camile to continue our riding adventure. If you have not made it to Diable...you REALLY should make the trip. It is WELL worth the drive!!!

Now for the pics (unfortunately, none of me as I was the camera-woman :( )

Saturday group pic: (left to right -- Instigator, Squirrel, me & Sorge)

Squirrel scored some big air on Upper Dominion's table top:

Sorge rockin' the big tabletop on Upper Dominion:

Instigator throwin' down some mad skillz on the same tabletop:

Air Echo representin' on the same tabletop:

Ghettorigged scoreing some air as well (same tabletop) with Camile in the background:

Squirrel on a fun jump near the bottom:

Sorge on the same jump:

Instigator same jump:

It was yet another amazing day of riding. Echo & Ghettorigged took some more pics on Sunday and will hopefully add to our little trip thread.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Thanks Treesaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad we got to ride together again. It was great to see Ghettorigged and Camile out, and of course echo:thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Sweet! Glad you guys had a good time!! Wish I could have joined you! :(
Maybe next time? I'd have to rent though...doubt if my bike could handle the mighty D!

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
I emailed my pics to Echo, so bug him until he sends them to you! :D
It was a great ride & the weather was perfect. I am glad I made the trip down to meet up with yall. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That was a great ride! Got to do a couple runs with syadasti too, dude represented as expected :thumb:

All my pics came out blurry, and I didn't have time to resize ghetto's pics yet... but I'll try and get to that tonight :p

We were having so much fun the pics really were an afterthought on the last run of the day :D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Echo said:
That was a great ride! Got to do a couple runs with syadasti too, dude represented as expected :thumb:

All my pics came out blurry, and I didn't have time to resize ghetto's pics yet... but I'll try and get to that tonight :p

We were having so much fun the pics really were an afterthought on the last run of the day :D
Good to know you guys had fun. Anybody coing to the night ride at platty this weekend? BTW Echo, the dirty dozen is back in full force, REPORT.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Too bad K and I didn't realize who you guys were when you commented on her bike. Oh well. That was my first trip there, K's second. Next year she says she's getting a pass. That place was sick! I've never ridden berms that got me dizzy like Alpine did.

YOU MUST GO!!!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Echo said:
Which bike? Chase's old bike?
That girl's name is Sue (I think). K has a green SGS just like Treesaw's. T commented on K's bike when we were stopped at the bottom for a water break. I was on a red M1.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TheMontashu said:
damn it thought you were talking about a mountan in NORCAL
Jesus can't you NORCAL people let us have atleast one cool MTN.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Where is my photo, I rode by and got flashed by two camera on Dominion. I was wearing a dark red shirt with red shorts on an all-black bike. ME WANT!!!

Oh yeah, who wants to go to Fell Mountain. Looks like Saturday and Sunday should be nice around Carbondale. More info, see this thread.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK here's what ghetto sent me... sorry syadasti, she didn't send the ones of you :mumble:

Squirrel:

Instigator:

Sorge:

Echo:

TreeSaw:

Now stop whining! :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Instigator said:
He may have posted a big picture of himself, but in reality he is a modest guy with great bike skills. Always fun to ride with him :thumb:
i was just havin' fun. never met echo but from his RM postings he seems like a cool guy and maybe i'll meet up and ride w/ him in the future.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you mean dublin or bromont? :D

well, it's been almost 2 seasons since i was at the mountain (went opening day '03) and the ravages of the wet summers has definitely taken its toll on the mountain. a lot more open rocks and less dirt on a decent amount of the trails. plus, they've closed or re-routed some stuff, esp on boomerang (#9), but it's still a fun trail.

the freeride trail (23?) is cool, and andrenaline is always a tester (you can hook into that nasty steep part of the masters from adrenaline...just after the steep rock slab and right hand turn (netting is there to catch people who can't make it), you dump down to the access road, and then go straight across into the woods again. you'll see the padding on the trees and the steeps.

some of the more "xc" trails like 5, 6, and 7 are actually a lot of fun and you can haul-ass down 'em. they are a nice change of pace from the tougher trails like world cup (19) or adrenaline. bonzai (20) is also a good choice.

the mountain was wet from the remnants of some hurricane and there was a lot of standing water in the flat spots, but it was draining and sunday was drier than saturday. hopefully it will remain that way for you guys.

and go to the broue-mont brew pub for beer and food. good place.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
narlus said:
you mean dublin or bromont? :D

well, it's been almost 2 seasons since i was at the mountain (went opening day '03) and the ravages of the wet summers has definitely taken its toll on the mountain. a lot more open rocks and less dirt on a decent amount of the trails. plus, they've closed or re-routed some stuff, esp on boomerang (#9), but it's still a fun trail.

the freeride trail (23?) is cool, and andrenaline is always a tester (you can hook into that nasty steep part of the masters from adrenaline...just after the steep rock slab and right hand turn (netting is there to catch people who can't make it), you dump down to the access road, and then go straight across into the woods again. you'll see the padding on the trees and the steeps.

some of the more "xc" trails like 5, 6, and 7 are actually a lot of fun and you can haul-ass down 'em. they are a nice change of pace from the tougher trails like world cup (19) or adrenaline. bonzai (20) is also a good choice.

the mountain was wet from the remnants of some hurricane and there was a lot of standing water in the flat spots, but it was draining and sunday was drier than saturday. hopefully it will remain that way for you guys.

and go to the broue-mont brew pub for beer and food. good place.
Bromont (although I would abosultely :love: to go to Ireland).

Thanks for the tips! I am looking forward to checking those trails out! :D