Quantcast

Diabloween Festival 2007

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Diabloween Festival 2007!

Mark your calendars! Join us for Diabloween, an annual celebration marking the end of another great season at Diablo! In addition to the unique and imfamous costume jump session, we will be hosting the Tempest Downhill event and our good friends at Iron Horse, ethirteen and Cannondale will be onsite all weekend displaying and demo'ing their 2008 product lines! Product demo's, great events, unusual costumes and amazing riding! Diabloween is not to be missed!

Saturday October 27th -Tempest Downhill: Athletes will be competing for cash and prizes in this fun, non-series downhill event. Bragging rights are at stake!

9:00am – 11:00am Registration / Course open for practice
11:15am – 11:30am Riders meeting and official start times posted
11:45pm – 2:00pm Racing Order: Pro / AM / Intro
2:30pm – 3:00pm Awards Ceremony

Onsite Registration: $25* (Valid lift ticket required)

Athlete Categories: Intro Men (29 and under, 30+), Intro Women (Open), AM Men (29 and under, 30+), AM Women (Open), Pro Men (Open), Pro Women (Open)

Sunday October 28th - Diabloween Jump Session- A one-of-a-kind mountain bike jump contest where riders are judged based on their costume creativity and their overall riding style on the Lower Dominion Jump Line. This one-hour, jam session, is open to all ages, all skill levels and is judged 50% costume / 50% riding style! Great prizes will be awarded to the overall Diabloween Champion, Best Costume Male, Best Costume Female and Best Group Costume (4 or more riders)!!!

9:00am – 11:00am Registration
12:00pm –1:30pm Costume Jam Session / Finals
4:15pm – 4:20pm “100 Rider Train” Celebration with George Ryan (Top of Gondola)
4:30pm - 5:00pm Awards Ceremony and HUGE product toss!

Onsite Registration: FREE! (Valid lift ticket required)

www.ridediablo.com

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
not sure if the Tempest race came as the result of some of the posts on this board, namely this one (shameless plug for old Rob)
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186099

Contrary to a lot of the crap you read on this board, the Diablo guys ARE listening to their customers and delivering. And yes, a discounted race for pass holders, for bragging rights and fun. Well done guys, you rock.

DougO

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
Long Island
RTN Drop/trail, Upper 1/2 of Waterboy and Victory remain open during race. Race should be finished by 2pm and all trails will be reopened for remainder of the weekend.

Ok I need a lil more help on this. I was thinking of going on saturday, but wanted to ask what trails were going to be open during the race event? Didnt want to make the 2.5 hour drive to not be able to ride 1/2 the day.
Thanks

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
and also, is the race just down tempest? like it starts at the top and then ends where it forks into waterboy and the other trail?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
from what i hear from a important someone its gonna start where it usually starts the races and cut into the fireroad and then into tempest. and then end after the pro jump at the bottom.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
and if victory and waterboy remain open that means its gonna involve parts from dom #1, this could be fun. I gotta get a few college essays done otherwise i cant go tho...hmm

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Tempest to most likely Legion, maybe onto frog pad, and either the US open berms or the big open corners to the projump.

i vote open corners

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
The awards for the Diabloween Jump Session will take place at 4:30pm on Sunday. We have over $5,000 in prizes available for this years Jump Session!

-RockShox "Totem" Suspension
-Mavic DeeMax Wheelset
-Magura Gustav Brakesets
-Fox V3 Helmets
-Fox Protective Gear
-Kenda Tires and Tubes
-WTB Custom "Diablo" Saddles
-Tons of jerseys and accessories from Dakine and Fox

-FREE BBQ on Sunday for anyone with a valid 2007 or 2008 Diablo Season pass

-FREE RedBull

-Lucent Productions will be onsite filming for a Diabloween teaser

-The biggest 'product toss' of the season!

Jun 13, 2007
jay,ny
-FREE BBQ on Sunday for anyone with a valid 2007 or 2008 Diablo season pass

so this means that if you are not a holder you will have to play for the bbq? or will there be free pizza like past diabloweens?

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
hey, will the jump jam go down? its been raining for like 4 days...
Rain is supposed to ease off completely by 7pm, so I figure with some early morning maintenance the Dominions should be AoK for the Jump Jam.

Some of the rock slabs might be a little "slippery salmon" though...

Tiresnag

Chimp
Sep 5, 2004
BRONX, NY
Rain is supposed to ease off completely by 7pm, so I figure with some early morning maintenance the Dominions should be AoK for the Jump Jam.

Some of the rock slabs might be a little "slippery salmon" though...
he yea...

so i take it they plan to fix em up for jumpin tomorrow?

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Diabloween rocked my fkn socks.

Everyone on staff did an amazing job organizing all the events and getting the mountain ready for probably one of the biggest days this year. I couldn't have asked for any better of a season-ender.

Can't wait to see everyone's photos from the day, and thanks for a great 2007 Diablo!

Mike the Bear

P.S. I took notice that you guys groomed out the Alpine to Crap Chute fire road section big time. I know I made a suggestion about it, but gosh darn did that ever put a smile on my face today.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
awesome day today deff a good way to end the season, jump contest was sick, great food, and the george ryan run at the end was the best way to top off the season. Thanks to the crew for all there hard work. 2007 was a great season cant wait till 2008!!!

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Hey Diablo-

Any ideas of rider numbers for the day? At points there had to be 100 people in line for the lift, not counting all those on the gondola or on the mountain. Talk about a runaway success!