Quantcast

Diabloween Festival 2007

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Damn, I though George would have been famous for his riding, or his part in the cut, or his part in a movie, or .......... But hell nothing in his riding career can even compare to the attention he is getting here. It is quite ironic: cheer for the underdog, underdog becomes the big dog, now let's break him back down and bring on the new breeds. Congrats' George, I would be proud to ride with you, and cheer you on both. If your name wasn't known before, it sure is now. Heck this thread might even hit 100 responses woo hooo, goin for another record. See you all on the trails soon. Dave:imstupid:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Damn, I though George would have been famous for his riding, or his part in the cut, or his part in a movie, or .......... But hell nothing in his riding career can even compare to the attention he is getting here. It is quite ironic: cheer for the underdog, underdog becomes the big dog, now let's break him back down and bring on the new breeds. Congrats' George, I would be proud to ride with you, and cheer you on both. If your name wasn't known before, it sure is now. Heck this thread might even hit 100 responses woo hooo, goin for another record. See you all on the trails soon. Dave:imstupid:
You should prolly hump his leg now!

:imstupid:er

Polish Rambo

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
i do see your point huck... for some, riding against pros is a deterent, for others its an opportunity to step up and see how they actually compare. i guess the point i was trying to make is that most of the people on here bitch about the lack of category breakdowns diablo offers (skill, age, etc...)because people like to win. even if it means you can only call yourself the best sport rider age 19-24 in the northeast on a bike with 6" of travel (not a dig at anyone, just making a point). at the same time, its an awesome opportunity to test your abilities against a top-level athlete... something that most venues, or most major sports for that matter, wont allow the average joe to do.

you see the open format as lame, i see the "so-many-categories-most-riders-get-something" approach as lame. I know you arent advocating this for the jump jam, but you would like a pro/am breakdown, and thats fine. i guess my response is a more general comment about the complaining that goes on after every event.

i do agree riding against someone of george's caliber can be intimidating, but the event is meant to be fun, and by the general tone of most posts here, people seem to get that.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
its nice to see thoughtful posts!

And also it seems clear that you arent playing absolutes. Inevitably speaking up for a point is interpreted as against something else. People expect to be oppositional, that immediately assume 1 of 2 'sides'.

The world is mighty grey!

Why doesnt he wear a Muffin costume already?
do YOU know the muffin man?

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Just let it go.

You are all starting to sound retarded.
I agree.

The real end all should be the fact that George won with a backflip.... Does anyone remember the fact that some 16 y/o kid blackflipped lower dominion this summer along with some other people who aren't pro? If that kid showed up in a costume he could have one, plain and simple. Dennis got a prize for being hairy and party boy got something because his balls were showing. Its like all the Sam Hill haters... the dude kills it so he is automatically an object of peoples hate? Makes sense.

On a lighter note I don't like Sam Hill and I don't ride a sunday. Haha.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
:busted: isnt it obvious why george won. with his big costume he got the perfect gust of wind when takeing off the lip causing him to complete the back flip, and land it.... so dont worry people that are upset cause they didnt win its not because he is a better rider then you it was just the costume....

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
:busted: isnt it obvious why george won. with his big costume he got the perfect gust of wind when takeing off the lip causing him to complete the back flip, and land it.... so dont worry people that are upset cause they didnt win its not because he is a better rider then you it was just the costume....
if your serious, i nominate you moran of the year

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Damn I just got it, George can't really do a backflip right? It is a combination of bulk protection bravery and the wind pushing him over backwards. This would explain why I have only seen him do front flips when not in a 40 lbs costume. Hey I call unfair advantage and change my mind on him winning, now I'm against it, he has to back it up without the costume for it to be official.:poster_oops:

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Huck Banzai:

Look at the past 35 or 40 posts. Everybody is beating a dead horse. The same point/counterpoint is brought up, using George Ryan or his backflip as example, and then recycled over and over again.

I just don't understand why there is so much discussion about the whole thing. There is nothing left to discuss! Why can't you or the other guys playing this record-skip debate just put the thing to rest and talk about something else? What are you trying to prove to us or yourself?

DIABLOWEEN WAS FUN. THE END.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Huck Banzai:

Look at the past 35 or 40 posts. Everybody is beating a dead horse. The same point/counterpoint is brought up, using George Ryan or his backflip as example, and then recycled over and over again.

I just don't understand why there is so much discussion about the whole thing. There is nothing left to discuss! Why can't you or the other guys playing this record-skip debate just put the thing to rest and talk about something else? What are you trying to prove to us or yourself?

DIABLOWEEN WAS FUN. THE END.

Only because people keep 'chiming in' after the fact like you do.

How come you're not heeding your own advice? Did you read the last page? The one where I conceded? It had become a silly thread until YOU hopped up to beat the dead horse.

See the error of your ways and post some goofage.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wow, I never thought of that.

After my 10 hour workday, I'd definitely be able to fit in the time, and train more than the full time, sponsored pro rider!

No doubt! Thanks for the advice, off to the park I go!
thanks for sharing with us how little you know about the average sponsored pro rider. . . who also probably works a full time job.

and for crying out loud, do you believe for a second that a back flip is a trick reserved for pro riders only. it's a circus trick, and an easy one to learn at that if you are willing to give it a try. there are dozens upon dozens of unsponsored amateurs out there who can pull a backflip in an overstuffed costume just as george did.

seriously, you are what is wrong with the spirit of competition. The bar gets raised and you either rise with it or you don't. but you'd rather dilute the field to make up for your lack of skills for what, so you can feel better about yourself at the end of the day or tell your friends you got "2nd in my class."?

No race, no promoter, an no event ever owes you anything. earn it.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
on MTV's show called made they had a girl who wanted to do BMX and even though she got alot of training and used a foam pit all the time. she was able to perform a back flip for her competition.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
thanks for sharing with us how little you know about the average sponsored pro rider. . . who also probably works a full time job.

and for crying out loud, do you believe for a second that a back flip is a trick reserved for pro riders only. it's a circus trick, and an easy one to learn at that if you are willing to give it a try. there are dozens upon dozens of unsponsored amateurs out there who can pull a backflip in an overstuffed costume just as george did.

seriously, you are what is wrong with the spirit of competition. The bar gets raised and you either rise with it or you don't. but you'd rather dilute the field to make up for your lack of skills for what, so you can feel better about yourself at the end of the day or tell your friends you got "2nd in my class."?

he's related to the guy who was a hooters girl so listen to him and stop talking.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Too many mountain bikes on those hiking trails up there!
This reminds me, I was at Diablo the day of the final #5 round and actually witnessed hikers coming down to the lift, and complaining about mountain bikers on the trails, they said that they were hiking down the trails when a biker came along and didn't give them the right of way, when they yelled at the biker for coming close to them he had replied for them to stay off the trails or get hit. See this is what is wrong with biking, all those damn rude bikers that don't give hikers the right of way on DH biking trails.:lighten:

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
This reminds me, I was at Diablo the day of the final #5 round and actually witnessed hikers coming down to the lift, and complaining about mountain bikers on the trails, they said that they were hiking down the trails when a biker came along and didn't give them the right of way, when they yelled at the biker for coming close to them he had replied for them to stay off the trails or get hit. See this is what is wrong with biking, all those damn rude bikers that don't give hikers the right of way on DH biking trails.:lighten:
:clapping: thats great, thats like someone rear ending you in a car and then they get out yelling why were you stoped at that red light!!! lol...

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
don't you hate it when someone stops right in the middle of the road like that? at a red light of all places, I mean get a parking lot or something.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory

You're runnin a little late there Corky, this threads been over for a while.

It IS nice to see you post another clone of prior messages, I think you may have even pasted that one together.

Maybe if you read the whole thread and saw me concede about 25 posts ago, your redundant, asinine response might seem less so; however it appears you did not.

There, now I've insulted you in return. I'm not sure why you felt the need to 'go there' but what the heck, I'm game!

If you'd like to compare skills, I'll be at Platte this weekend, and Highland or Platte next weekend - it'll be a hoot!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
on MTV's show called made they had a girl who wanted to do BMX and even though she got alot of training and used a foam pit all the time. she was able to perform a back flip for her competition.
Hannah Hannah (Hannah Montana?) flipped on Dominion right in front of me. It was excellent. She wasnt wearing a costume though, I suppose that might be relatively disappointing.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
i can only imagine what a tremendous waste of my time that would be.
Thanks for the edit, I'm sure the original post was a huge pile of BS that you were wise enough to retract before it 'went live'.

You know I conceded the argument "I WAS WRONG" - do you feel I deserve further punishment for my initial infraction? Or maybe I wasn't convincing enough for you? Thought I was bein facetius?

Why a waste of time? You talk s**t and then run the other direction? Getting shut down for failing to actually read the thread before interjecting wasn't enough for you? Or was it a lack of comprehension but you did read it? Or you're actually wise enough not to engage in losing endeavors? (However the latter doesn't jibe.)

you get owned a lot don't you?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I am the wrongest ever possible. GR is the best, I will give him my first born for my infractions. Diabloween is awesome, dont change it (you weren't.. meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh whudeva)

I would like to race Marc Tremain, but he cant use tires or a frnt brake, and I will bring a sandwich of George's choice as well as a properly chilled mixed drink to Diabloween next year in effort to amend my brazen doofusicity

1620!!!

ha!

Reiterate the above two messages, and bye now!