Quantcast

diatech anchor brakes?

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
raymond, WA
hey guys i am looking to get some brakes for my kona stab supreme. i have some shimano xt 4 pistons but they wont work with the floating brake. so i figured i would look for some new brake. well i came acrossed some brakes at Unreal cycle there called diatech anchor. it says that they use a lot of parts from hayse and magura brakes. i am just wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these brake. they seem like a good deal at 240 buck for the set including rotors and adaptors. just want some feed back on them if anyone has some.
Thanks Brandon

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
raymond, WA
yeah i was just kinda curious about them. i just need to find a good brake for my bike that isnt going to cost an arm and a leg. i saw that performance bikes has the hayse hfx right now for 210 for the set with rotors but i red the reveiws on mtbr and some people liked them and some didnt. so they kinda go mixed reveiws.

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
Diatech hasn’t marketed the Anchors at all, which sucks. And they haven't worked any on making them attractive or lighter or anything. They’re chunky and basic.

But I carry them because I tried a set and they rocked. They worked perfect and felt great. Nice wide lever blades, plenty of power, plenty of modulation, and a cake walk to set up. Very similar to Hayes, but without most of the annoying quirks. Every bike I've put them on they've worked just like they should, and I sure can't say the same for some other much more popular brands.

So ya, completely understandable why most people would turn away from them. I just carry them because I like to stock stuff I believe in, and these guys have proven themselves to me.

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
BrandonWatts said:
right on hey is your shop still going to be open in a week i would like to come up to it
Possibly. Probably. E-mail me a day or two before and I'll let you know what's going on. Thanks!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
For what it's worth, the one set if Anchors I've felt was awesome. I was really surprised. I think the same brakes are actually marketed under a few different names.

MD