Quantcast

Did ooooooooooohdi get called out?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've got flat bars on my DH bike too. I gues udi and I can go kill ourselves together.

Or, you know, not care what some dude on the internet says. Either/or.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Lol it's team robot. Their sole purpose in life is to see themselves get mentioned on rm PB and vitrial. They don't need to bother with things like understanding how rider position changes with lots of bb drop, cause it doesn't look cool.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I wonder how much sand one must obtain in ones vagina to actually care what handlebars other people use. :rolleyes:
Didn't you know the UCI wants to implement style points for proper body position on the bike that will be added to the time. A bit like ski jumping. Team robot has just started training the judges.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
This particular comment does not follow logic behind the handle bar and the stem being two separate pieces, even if they were a single item they would have two respective levers w/ a set angle.

elPedro666 said...
The piece of tube that I would least want to ever have break on me - maybe put some unnecessary bends in it because someone in a marketing department in the late nineties decided that was cool* Makes total sense.

My favourite is when you see people running negative rise stems to cancel out the rise of their bars, nice move genius.

Wouldn't setting a negative offset that rests parallel to the ground - or close to it - offer better feedback due to that offering a constant??

A 65deg head angle with, for example, a Hope stem would be a 'perfect' 90deg of stem angle and offer 'truer' reach - I don't see how this is not preference instead of some 'genius' move.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Didn't you know the UCI wants to implement style points for proper body position on the bike that will be added to the time. A bit like ski jumping. Team robot has just started training the judges.
They may as well. Sorry sir, your pants are too tight, you may no longer race DH until your wardrobe improves. Bring back spandex in DH!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Do you remember flat bars? They're almost completely dead, but not quite there yet. The tide has shifted, and people have realized how stupid they look and how bad they are for riding. Flat bars, please finish dying.
...when you think about it, this is roughly the equivalent of critiquing a woman's dress at a formal gathering, so in other words: "Fashion Police for Bikes".

Mr. Blackwell's assessment of what is aesthetically pleasing to HIS eye aside, low-rise bars and a low front end are appropriate for particular conditions and riding styles.

I stand behind Udi and would like to think he gets a laugh out of stuff like this.

File this one under "Pet Peeves"

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I was trying to find the post about whiners and 42t cogs. Most of the site is rubbish but I saw udi's gorgeous Sunday and also some bro complaining about it.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I've got flat bars on my DH bike too. I gues udi and I can go kill ourselves together.

Or, you know, not care what some dude on the internet says. Either/or.
Nah, the second thing you said sounds too risky. I say we go with the first option.

I honestly don't find that site particularly funny, except the CB article - that was an unusual improvement on their usual standard.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
saw that a while ago and gave me a chuckle that someone was so inclined to write a post about it.

other than that, i had no idea it was udis bike. very nice ride udi!

edit:
i love when you search trivial mtb on google, team brobot is the second link to pop up. :rofl:

edit 2:
speaking of trivial, this made me feel better about myself.
http://trivialmtb.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/puke-barf-gross-yuck/

Last edited: