Quantcast

Die Antwoord - Enter the Ninja

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
dammit.
I listened to that first vid. Hated it. Thought it was so stupid.
But then I listened to it again.
And then I had to hear it again.
Now I really dig it. Its so different that I can't help it. I agree with Sanjuro.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I just listened to the Taxijam. No effects, no studio tricks, just two mc's going for it.

If I was in the van, I would be jamming like the two guys in the back (btw, their group is called Wedding DJ's, great name!).

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
So my wish was finally answered: I saw Die Antwoord at a small club in the San Francisco.

They were great. Ninja posed, Yo-landi was rapping and being a hot chick.

Here's a pic of Yolandi as a SA Page 3 girl:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
At the Independent, a better venue for them than the Treasure Island Music Festival which was hosting this preshow.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
"Ay yeai yeai... I am a butterfly. I need your protection I need a samurai."

No, you need to get a CLUE and stop acting like Vanilla Ice. Maybe this guy should be called Vanilla Icing.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
You tell him! God forbid some crazy ****er from a south african ghetto should act like he's from the street! Cover that dick tattoo with a cardigan, Whitey Whiterson!

Yolandi's hair looks like the retarded girl in grade school who decided to cut her own bangs.

Aug 31, 2005
I saw them last month in Montreal, definitely one of the most intense show I've seen so far. Performance was tight, sounded almost like the album.

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
No, Kreayshawn is a hipster. That video you posted is the only halfway decent song she has.

You want hipster music? Feast your ears on this tasty lick:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Did you watch the whole video? It's 1:06 long. That's ****ing nuts.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
naw, it's too long and full of dumb stuff. I just skipped forward to different sections and lol'd

He's got some pretty awesome other videos too. Check out 'christmas exposed'....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I gave this act a passing glance awhile back. Now it's like I'm sitting at a bus stop and there is a 10 car pileup in front of me. I can't look away.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It's definately hard to stop watching-their aesthetic reminds me of Gummo (1997):

Last edited:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Indeed- wanted to put the intro to the movie up, but it was a little to NSFW and NSFW means a lot of people can't even watch it anyway. Plus Sleep is rad.

Allow me to tie this thread together...

Umshini Wam - Die Antwoord by Harmony Korine (the director of Gummo):

Sleep. Me on drums:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Allow me to tie this thread together...

Umshini Wam - Die Antwoord by Harmony Korine (the director of Gummo):

Sleep. Me on drums:
Wow- that's a hell of a tie-in! Both vids are awesome- I didn't know that you played drums with Sleep! Any plans to play Dopesmoker live? :brows: