Quantcast

difference between azonic recoil and b-52

chufta

Chimp
Sep 6, 2007
Croatia - "here be dragons"
hello. i'm currently riding azonic recoil with marzocchi roco rc rear shock. i'm interested in buying new azonic b-52 frame (well, not exactly azonic...poison bikes has the same frame for much better price) since i want something bit lighter to turn around.
i wonder if b-52 has the same sensitivity for smaller, faster hits like recoil has. also other general differences in feeling (rider position, stability in speed and so on...)?
my current recoil setup is a "bit" on heavy side and has longer e2e shock than original(240vs222mm) and a 7" super t pro fork so it feels quite unbalanced in steep tracks.
oh, and shock that would be on b-52 is marzocchi roco tst r.
thanks for any info.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
They fixed that, though. Stuck a bumper on the shock shafts and now the B-52 has 7.5" of travel instead of 8".
I still think they're pretty cool. From what I remember, it had a pretty steep headangle and a decent BB height. More "freeride" oriented maybe?

chufta

Chimp
Sep 6, 2007
Croatia - "here be dragons"
i don't mind less travel and more "freeride" geo. used to ride an single pivot with 7" of travel and short wb and it was good enough for me just had a ****ty shock. just wondering what would i lose and/or get with changing the frame.

1poorvw

Chimp
May 21, 2007
Albany ny
frame weighs 8.5 lbs. if built properly it could easily be a sub 40 bike. I just ordered one earlier this week to use as my race bike this year. i will let you know more when i get it in my hot lil hands.:spam:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
frame weighs 8.5 lbs. if built properly it could easily be a sub 40 bike. I just ordered one earlier this week to use as my race bike this year. i will let you know more when i get it in my hot lil hands.:spam:
Please do. I am also looking at this frame, but the head angle has me a little concerned.

Thanks
Dennis

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
head angle is exactly the same as the widely popular and never questioned v-10...and, azonic (or whoever actually produces the frame) did more than just add a bumper to the shock... they bent the seat tube at the bb, providing more clearance. should be a solid bike.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
They fixed that, though. Stuck a bumper on the shock shafts and now the B-52 has 7.5" of travel instead of 8".
I still think they're pretty cool. From what I remember, it had a pretty steep headangle and a decent BB height. More "freeride" oriented maybe?
They did that to fix the old ones. The new ones they bent the Seat Tube in so the tire will not hit, same on the KHS. The Frame never got 8" of treavel, but only 7.5". Its still 7.5".

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
head angle is exactly the same as the widely popular and never questioned v-10...and, azonic (or whoever actually produces the frame) did more than just add a bumper to the shock... they bent the seat tube at the bb, providing more clearance. should be a solid bike.
but the V10 is supposed to be setup with 4 inches of sag, that azonic probably not, just food for thought

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
isn't every DH bike designed to run somewhere between 33% and 50% sag and all down to rider preference?

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
any bike's head angle is going to change with sag. point is, there are plenty of dh bikes that have HA around 67 degrees, and they perform well...