Quantcast

Different Saint Derailleurs

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I recently bought 1, and receive 1 RMA Saint SS RD

1 has the old style hanger bolt with washer and circlip on the inside, the other has no visible retainers - threads continue where the circlip would go.

Has anyone else come across these variants?

What is the norm setup for these? It is easy to snug so that only the knuckle pivot moves, and the hanger pivot is frozen - or less snug so they both pivot.

Oddly, the setup papers don't address this....

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Take some pics,I have a new one wich in description is like the old one,thread bolt with c clip.

is this your first saint derailleur ???

make sure you removed the backing piece for the multiple chainring set-up ( assuming your repping a guide )

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Oh really.

The red one looks to have a larger bolt but maybe thats just me.

Tried installing it like the old one ?!?!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The one without the circlip and washer is the newer design. Its to reduce the amount of play that develops at the pivot

Also snug that down, an loctite 242 on the threads. Let the knuckle pivot handle the rotation, you don't want the derrailer backing out of the threads!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
The one without the circlip and washer is the newer design. Its to reduce the amount of play that develops at the pivot

Also snug that down, an loctite 242 on the threads. Let the knuckle pivot handle the rotation, you don't want the derrailer backing out of the threads!
Sounds good! I thought that was the case, Ill use that one as primary and the 'old' style will sit in the spare bin!

THANKS